Homeowners Insurance in Fairfax, VA
Experts detail the best home insurance companies near you, which coverages you need, and more in in Fairfax, VA.
In Fairfax, Virginia, there are 24,019 residents. You'll need protection if you own a home in this booming town. Fortunately, you can obtain homeowners insurance through a trusted agent at no additional cost to you.
A Fairfax, Virginia independent insurance agent does the shopping on your behalf through top-rated carriers. They do all the work while you are presented with the best option for your budget and needs. Connect with an agent to get started in minutes.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
When you purchase homeowners insurance in Fairfax, Virginia, you get protection for your asset and your household members. Home insurance covers property and liability exposures you may have if a claim arises. Limits are chosen based on your needs and budget through a licensed insurance agent.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Fairfax, Virginia?
Your Fairfax, Virginia home insurance limits will vary depending on your needs, property, and budget. The primary coverage options below are included on all home policies and customized to your specifications:
- Dwelling limit: Pays for replacing or repairing your home when a covered claim occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for your temporary stay at another property when a claim renders your home unlivable.
- Medical payments: Pays for the first $1,000 to $10,000 of a medical expense when a third party gets injured on your property.
- Personal liability: Pays for claims for bodily injury, property damage, or slander against a household member.
Most homeowners are unaware that flooding is not covered under their home policy. Fortunately, you can obtain a separate flood insurance policy for proper protection. However, if you choose not to get flood coverage, you will be on the hook for any damage that may arise due to a flood.
Common Disasters Homeowners Insurance Covers in Fairfax, Virginia
A catastrophe could strike your Fairfax, Virginia home at any time. It is best to be prepared with proper protection for a loss. Below are coverages included on your home policy for when a disaster occurs:
- Severe storms
- Theft and vandalism
Fairfax's Weather-Related Statistics:
- Fairfax area historical tornado activity: 8% greater than the US average
- Fairfax area historical earthquake activity: 55% smaller than the US average
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Fairfax, Virginia?
The cost of your Fairfax, Virginia home insurance will depend on your unique risk factors. There is no way to know your exact costs for coverage without obtaining custom quotes. Check out what carriers use to rate your homeowners policy:
- How new your house is
- How close you are to a fire department
- How close you are to a fire hydrant
- Your credit score
- If you have a pool, trampoline, or pet
- Where you live
- How many claims you've filed
- The materials of your home
- The square footage of your home
- The cost to replace your home
Cheap Homeowners Insurance near Me
There are several ways to get cheap home insurance in Fairfax, Virginia. First, let's see what the average premium is for homeowners coverage in the state and nation:
- National average annual premium: $1,211
- Virginia average annual premium: $999
One way to save is by bundling your home and auto policies with the same carrier, which can cut costs by 30% or more. You can also save on home insurance if you have good credit and no prior losses. Finally, you can get discounts with most carriers by having safety measures like a central station alarm system in your home.
What Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Fairfax, Virginia?
When you work with the right insurance company, it can make a world of difference. Some of the best homeowners insurance carriers in Fairfax, Virginia are listed below:
|Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Fairfax, VA||Star Rating|
receive high marks due to their excellent customer service and superior claims handling. You can obtain free quotes with these carriers and others when you shop with a local agent.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Homeowners Insurance in Fairfax, Virginia
Homeowners insurance can be challenging if you're not sure where to start. The right coverage is customized to each insured, making it even more confusing to know what's best for your household. Fortunately, you can get help from agents in your area at no additional cost.
A Fairfax, Virginia independent insurance agent will do the shopping for you through their network of carriers. They find you the best protection for an affordable price so that you are fully covered. Get connected with an independent agent and start saving in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.