In Gardendale, AL, car insurance is required if you want to operate a motor vehicle. There are several options to choose from when it comes to your coverage. Your best bet is to use a trained professional that can review your policies for free.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options. They have access to multiple markets so that you get the best rates that fit within your budget. Get connected with a local adviser and start saving now.
What Is Car Insurance?
Almost every state requires you to carry auto insurance in some form or fashion. Gardendale, AL, is no different, and they have set their rates for the necessary minimum liability protection at $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/$25,000 property damage. First, it's important to know what each coverage means.
Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following:
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Gardendale, AL?
In Gardendale, AL, your primary auto policy automatically comes with minimum limits of liability. Coverage for your autos, roadside assistance, rental car, and more will have to be added individually. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value if a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is damaged by anything other than a collision, such as a fire, vandalism, or a hailstorm.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Gardendale, AL?
Car insurance can be pricey depending on where you live and your personal data. Insurance companies look at numerous factors when figuring your costs, which makes your premiums unique. Check out rating factors the carriers use in Gardendale, AL below:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
If you're looking for instant savings with little effort, consider bundling your policies. When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you'll get a nice discount. A savings of 30% or more is typical for most companies.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in AL
Some states will require that you carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage at the minimum limits. Gardendale, AL, is not one of those states, so you are not obligated to obtain it, but you may want to. This coverage could save you thousands of dollars in loss. Let's look at the facts:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured or underinsured at-fault driver.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Alabama percentage of uninsured drivers: 18.4%
The number of car thefts in Gardendale, AL, will impact your auto insurance rates for better or worse. The more criminal activity in an area, the higher your premiums will be. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Alabama average: 268.3
- Gardendale average: 158.20
If you want insurance for theft of your vehicle or personal belongings in your car, there is coverage you can obtain. Comprehensive insurance can help you pay for a theft loss. A deductible of anywhere from $500 to $2,000 is commonly applied.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
Car insurance is a necessary policy that can save you from financial devastation in the event of a loss. To ensure you are getting adequate protection, consider working with a licensed professional. A trusted adviser is easy to find in Gardendale, AL if you know where to start.
An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options. They will review your policies at no cost so that you get the best protection around. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice to save big.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.