Chandler, AZ, aka, The Silicon Desert, is a suburb of Phoenix and is surrounded by the Gila River Indian Community, and the cities of Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, and Phoenix. It is called the Silicon Desert because the computer chip manufacturer, Intel, has had an influential role of the city’s growth. Subsequently, Chandler is closed in by these cities, has reached its physical limits, and cannot increase anymore.
In Chandler, AZ, the summers are dry and scorching, the winters cold, and it is generally clear all year. During the year, the temperature normally fluctuates from 39°F to 106°F and is rarely below 31°F or above 111°F.
Mishaps can happen to anyone, anywhere, especially during scorching Arizona summers. From flat tires on Queen Creek Road to serious accidents on the I-10, a robust car insurance policy can prevent residents of Chandler, AZ from having to face a large collision-related financial loss.
Independent insurance agents make finding the best auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs simple. Find a local independent insurance agent in Chandler, AZ to learn more. You can start evaluating custom-made car insurance quotes in an instant.
How Much Can I Expect to Pay for Car Insurance in Chandler, AZ?
The average cost of car insurance in Arizona is only slightly lower than the national average. If you take the time to shop about and compare rates, you can potentially save hundreds of dollars every year.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Arizona average annual car insurance cost: $1,247
Quotes from insurance companies will in all likelihood vary, from one person to another. This happens because all insurance companies have their own way of determining risk and calculating rates. Your quoted costs will be based on several factors such as the following:
- The make, model, and year of vehicles being insured
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your credit score and driving record
- Information about other licensed drivers in your home
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- The coverage options included in your policy
By bundling your car insurance with a homeowners or renters insurance policy, you may qualify for substantial discounts on each of your policies. You may also be eligible for other prospective discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record.
Let a local independent insurance agent help you compare rates and find all the discounts for which you qualify. So that you can get the car insurance coverage you need at the most competitive price.
What Does Chandler, AZ Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a combination of required and optional car insurance coverage. As a tenant of the city of Chandler, your policy must meet or exceed the Arizona minimum car insurance coverage requirements. Arizona requires motorists to carry liability insurance and uninsured motorist insurance.
Furthermore, if you are making payments on your car, your money lender will almost certainly require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance as well. Similarly, if you are leasing your vehicle, the dealer will most likely require you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage.
The following are types of car insurance coverage you can expect your insurance agent to offer:
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Required): This covers otherwise non-covered damage and injuries you may suffer if in an accident with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your policy must include bodily injury coverage of at least $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident.
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This covers repairs or the replacement of your car if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of blame.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This covers repairs or for the replacement of your car if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as a flood, falling object, or car fire.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This covers necessary assistance if your car becomes incapacitated while out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This covers the cost of renting a replacement car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your local independent insurance agent for assistance in determining how much liability coverage you can realistically afford and discuss which coverage options may be right for your needs.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Chandler, AZ?
If a police officer stops you while driving in Arizona and requests you to verify proof of auto insurance or self-insurance and you cannot do so at that moment, you may end up with a ticket or worse. If, before your court date, you can prove did have insurance and you still have the minimum insurance coverage, then you may possibly be able to have the ticket dismissed and you will not be further penalized.
For all first offenses, you can expect three penalties, which are as follows:
- A fine of at least $500,
- Driving privileges suspended; and
- A SR-22 requirement for 2 years.
Note, the court can attach other fees and fines no matter if it was your first or sixth offense.
- A fine of at least $750,
- 6-month suspension of your driver's license, registration, and license plate; and
- A SR-22 requirement for two years.
Third and Subsequent Offenses:
- A fine of at least $1,000,
- 1-year suspension: driver's license, registration, and license plate; and
- SR-22 certificate for two years.
This state has some of the harshest punishments for uninsured driving in the nation. It should therefore come as no surprise that it also has a lower percentage of uninsured drivers.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13%
- Percentage of AZ drivers who are uninsured: 12%
Since you are required to have uninsured motorist car insurance in your policy, you can be confident that if an uninsured driver is liable for an accident with your car, you will receive the reimbursement you are owed without needing to go through expensive lawyers or onerous lawsuits.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Chandler, AZ?
In the last 5 years, the city of Chandler has seen increasing violent crime and a decline of property crime. The auto theft rate in Arizona is a tad higher than the national average:
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 people: 228.9
- Arizona auto theft rate per 100,000 people: 266.9
While your risk of having your car stolen is a bit higher in Arizona, it is imperative you know you can only be refunded for an auto theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
This optional coverage can also cover a wide range of non-impact damage such as that caused by floods, structure fires, fallen trees, and large hailstones.
If you are still making payments on or leasing your car, you probably already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to your local independent insurance agent to learn the about costs when you add this valuable non-collision coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with a Local Independent Insurance Agent in Chandler, AZ?
Local independent agents can be tremendously useful when looking for the best car insurance policy. These insurance pros can explain your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and help you examine offerings from various providers.
Find out the many benefits of working with a local independent insurance agent. Contact a local independents insurance agent near you, and start comparing tailored car insurance quotes .
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.