The historic city of Bridgeport, CT, has grown into the largest in the state. With Klein Memorial Auditorium, Seaside Park, and large festivals, this city attracts thousands of tourists. It’s a good idea to protect yourself against drivers who are unfamiliar with the roads. A top-quality car insurance policy will make sure that you are financially protected in a collision.
An independent insurance agent can help you find your affordable car insurance policy. Chat with an agent today to get started.
What Are the Car Insurance Requirements in Bridgeport, CT?
Your car in Bridgeport must have a minimum amount of liability car insurance coverage.
- $25,000 for bodily injury liability per person injured in an accident you cause
- $50,000 for total bodily injury liability when two or more people are injured in an accident that you’re at fault for
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
This minimum coverage will pay for the medical bills and additional costs that happen to others who were injured in a car accident that you caused. Once your policy limits are used, you’ll be personally on the financial hook. Higher insurance limits will help protect you if a serious crash happens.
This liability coverage won’t apply to injuries or damage that apply to you. You may want to purchase additional coverage, so you’ll be financially okay after the accident. Purchasing a personal injury protection coverage can be used to pay for your medical bills, while collision coverage can pay for repairs to your damaged vehicle. Chat with an independent agent to find out other coverage options.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
In Bridgeport, you’re required to buy uninsured motorist coverage. This will protect you and your family if you’re hit by someone who has less coverage then your limits. So, if you’re in a collision with a hit and run, you’ll be covered.
- $25,000 per person
- $50,000 total per accident
It’s speculated that Bridgeport has one of the highest rates of uninsured, unregistered drivers in the state. An independent insurance agent will make this easy by comparison shopping for you and finding an affordable rate that fits your budget.
How Much Is Car Insurance Going to Cost in Bridgeport, CT?
- National average car insurance rate: $1,311
- Connecticut average car insurance rate: $2,235
- Bridgeport average car insurance rate: $2,333
The average car insurance rate in Bridgeport tends to be high, but your exact rate will be dependent on specific factors about you. Insurers will look at:
- Your credit score: Car insurance companies relate your credit score to what kind of driver you’ll be.
- Your driving history: Insurers will use your driving past to indicate how you’ll drive in the future.
- Type of car you have: The make and model of your vehicle will impact your rate. The more it costs to replace your vehicle, the more it costs to insure it.
There are numerous car insurance discounts that you may qualify for, and an independent agent can help you discover them. A multi-policy, emergency road assistance, or even good driver are all possible money savers for your car insurance policy.
What Is the Vehicle Theft Rate in Bridgeport, CT?
- National motor vehicle theft rate per 1,000: 2.29
- Bridgeport motor vehicle theft rate per 1,000: 4.13
One in fifty-one people has a chance of becoming a victim or a property crime in Bridgeport. Luckily, a comprehensive car insurance policy will protect you against any damage caused by theft, such as broken windows or damaged door locks.
How to Find Affordable Car Insurance in Bridgeport, CT
An independent insurance agent is the best option to help you find affordable car insurance. They’ll comparison shop and find an option that won’t break the bank. Whether you're purchasing car insurance for the first time or want to review your policy, chat with an agent to find good information and the best policy options for the best price.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.