Idaho currently ranks as the second-most affordable state for homeowners insurance in the nation. Having many options for affordable coverage near you in Boise can help you easily find the policy you need. Home insurance protects against many disasters, like fire damage, vandalism, and more.
An independent insurance agent in Boise can help you set up the right type of home insurance for your needs. They'll get you covered long before disaster ever strikes. But up first, here's a breakdown of homeowners insurance in Boise, ID.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance protects you against financial losses related to disasters that impact your home. These disasters can include falling objects, vandalism, civil commotion, hail damage, lightning strikes, etc. Home insurance can pay to repair your home's structure and contents and cover your personal liability and loss of use.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Boise, ID?
Standard homeowners insurance is broken into four major categories. All aspects of the home are considered, including the building itself and everything inside.
Home insurance in Boise, ID typically comes with:
- Liability coverage: Reimburses you for lawsuit costs if you get sued by a third party for a bodily injury or property damage claim.
- Additional living expenses: Also called loss of use coverage, this reimburses you for extra costs if you need to stay somewhere else like a hotel while home repairs are taking place.
- Dwelling coverage: Reimburses you for losses related to structural damage of the home by many perils like fire, hail, lightning, etc.
- Contents coverage: Reimburses you for losses related to your personal property like clothing and furniture if it gets stolen, lost, damaged, or destroyed by many listed perils like fire damage.
With the help of an independent insurance agent in Boise, you can build a homeowners insurance policy that's tailored to your wishes.
What's Not Covered by Homeowners Insurance in Boise, ID?
Home insurance can reimburse you for losses stemming from many threats, but not all of them. Standard homeowners coverage typically excludes the following:
- Flood and earthquake damage
- Insect damage and infestations
- War or nuclear fallout
- Intentional or malicious acts against others
- Costs of routine maintenance
Talk with your independent insurance agent in Boise about adding separate flood insurance and earthquake insurance coverages to your policy. Home insurance doesn't protect you against losses related to damage or destruction from natural flooding or earthquakes.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Boise, ID?
Idaho currently has the second-cheapest homeowners insurance rates in the country, averaging just $730 annually. The average rate for the US overall is $1,211. Knowing this, you can be assured that an independent insurance agent in Boise can get you matched to coverage that's affordable and does what you need it to.
The Most Common Home Disasters in Boise, ID
Home insurance is critical for receiving reimbursement after a disaster, but it doesn't prevent them from happening in the first place.
Residents in Boise, ID face these types of home disasters most often:
- Wildfires and residential fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Earthquakes and tremors
- Burglary and other property crimes
Your homeowners insurance can help you recover after many of these disasters, including burglary, lightning damage, and fire damage. Keep in mind that earthquakes and natural sources of flooding require their own policies to be covered.
Cheap Homeowners Insurance Near Me
Don't give in to temptation when you see the lowest homeowners insurance rates advertised. It's necessary to consider that paying a bit more for coverage could result in:
- Better coverage limits: Paying more for coverage can mean higher coverage limits, simple as that.
- Lower deductibles: Paying more for your premiums can mean lower deductible amounts, so you'll pay less out of pocket for every claim.
- Quality carriers: Paying more for coverage can indicate an insurance company that's reliable and holds true to its promises to customers.
Of course, price doesn't always correlate to a carrier's credibility. You can also determine if an insurance company is reputable by checking out customer reviews online, as well as ratings from organizations like the Better Business Bureau and AM Best.
Who Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Boise, ID?
To help save you time hunting for coverage, we've compiled a list of just a few of our top-recommended homeowners insurance companies in Boise, ID.
|Top Homeowners Insurance Companies in Boise, ID||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Boise, ID?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all homeowners insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid home insurance package that's custom-built for you and your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best homeowners insurance companies in Idaho to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.