Homeowners Insurance in Auburn, ME
Experts detail the best home insurance companies near you, which coverages you need, and more in in Auburn, ME.
Maine's average cost of homeowners insurance is considerably more affordable than the current national average price. Residents in Maine pay only about $882 annually for their home insurance, while US residents pay $1,211 on average. The availability of more affordable coverage is just one more reason to get equipped with the right type of home insurance for you.
An independent insurance agent in Auburn, ME can help you find the type of homeowners insurance that best meets your personal needs. They'll get you covered long before disaster strikes. But for starters, here's a breakdown of homeowners insurance in Auburn, ME.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance has many purposes beyond just protecting your home's physical structure. While dwelling coverage is a significant category in this insurance, homeowners policies also include protection for your contents, personal property, and personal liability if you get sued. Many types of disasters are covered by home insurance, including falling objects, fire, hail damage, and more.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Auburn, ME?
Home insurance offers protection for many different aspects of the home. Though your policy may vary, standard home insurance policies often come with at least the following:
- Liability coverage: Reimburses you for costs related to third-party lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage claims.
- Additional living expenses: Reimburses you for costs related to temporary housing and extra expenses if your home needs extensive repairs, forcing you to live somewhere else during the process.
- Dwelling coverage: Reimburses you for costs related to damage to your home's structure from many perils like hail damage, fire, falling objects, vandalism, etc.
- Contents coverage: Reimburses you for costs related to damage to your contents or property like silverware, furniture, etc., from many perils like certain types of water damage, theft, fire, etc.
An independent insurance agent in Auburn, ME can help you assemble a homeowners insurance policy that incorporates every type of coverage you need.
What's Not Covered by Homeowners Insurance in Auburn, ME?
Home insurance provides a ton of critical protection for many elements of the home and its inhabitants, but it also comes with a set of exclusions, including:
- Certain types of water damage
- Insect damage or infestations
- Damage from war or nuclear fallout
- Routine maintenance costs
- Intentional or malicious acts by the homeowner
- Earthquake and natural flood disasters
To protect your home against natural flooding events or earthquakes, you'll need to add flood insurance and earthquake insurance to your coverage. An independent insurance agent in Auburn, ME can help you find all the natural disaster coverage you need.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Auburn, ME?
On average, residents in Maine pay just $882 for homeowners insurance annually, vs. the national average of $1,211. In comparison, folks in Maine save quite a bit on their home insurance coverage. In fact, Maine overall ranks number 42 for home insurance prices in the nation, meaning it falls in the top 10 states for least expensive home insurance rates.
The Most Common Home Disasters in Auburn, ME
Just like everywhere else, homeowners in Auburn, ME face their fair share of disasters. Some of the most common in the area are:
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Heavy snow
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Burglary and other property crimes
Fortunately, homeowners insurance can protect against damage caused by many of these disasters, including heavy snow, lightning, and burglary. However, to protect against costs associated with natural flood damage, such as by an event like a hurricane or tropical storm, you'll need to ask your independent insurance agent in Auburn, ME about adding flood insurance.
Cheap Homeowners Insurance near Me
While you might want to find the most affordable home insurance, it's important not to tip the scale all the way in the direction of locating the cheapest coverage. You can benefit from paying a little more for home insurance for many reasons, like:
- Higher coverage limits: Paying more for home insurance might have the benefit of higher coverage limits, which can provide a greater chance of reimbursing you for an entire disaster claim amount.
- Reliable coverage is worth it: Though there are certainly trustworthy carriers that offer cheap home insurance, many times paying just a bit more than the lowest available price can mean a policy that's of higher quality, and that's more likely to be there for you when you need it.
- Lower out-of-pocket costs: In many cases, the tradeoff for a higher premium price means a lower deductible amount, meaning you'll be required to pay less of your own money out of pocket before getting reimbursed for a claim.
Don't worry too much about finding affordable home insurance in your area. That's what your independent insurance agent in Auburn, ME, is there for.
What Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Auburn, ME?
To help simplify your journey in finding affordable home insurance near you even further, we've provided a list of some of our top choices for local quality coverage below.
|Top Homeowners Insurance Companies in Auburn, ME||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Auburn, ME?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all homeowners insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid home insurance package that's custom-built for you and your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best homeowners insurance companies in Maine to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.