You never know when an accident will happen. Drivers in Marlborough are required by law to have car insurance. That’s why it's important to have the right car insurance policy to protect you from financial loss.
Finding the best auto insurance is simple when you work with a local independent insurance agent. They will offer you a variety of customized car insurance quotes at competitive prices. Find an insurance agent in or near Marlborough to get started.
What Are Marlborough, Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements?
All drivers in Marlborough must have the minimum amount of car insurance. In order to drive your vehicle in Marlborough, you are required to have the following covered under your insurance policy:
- Bodily injury to others: $20,000 per person
- Personal injury protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily injury caused by an uninsured auto: $20,000
- Damage to someone else's property: $5,000 per accident
Massachusetts is a no-fault state. That means that when an accident happens, no matter who is at fault, your insurance policy will help cover the bill. With the right insurance coverage, an accident won't result in a huge financial loss.
Uninsured Motorists in Marlborough, MA
Massachusetts has one of the lowest uninsured motorist rates. In Marlborough, 6% of drivers operate without car insurance, compared to the national average of 13%. If caught, violators could face up to a $5,000 fine, loss of their driving privileges, and even one year in jail.
In Marlborough, uninsured motorist coverage is required. This will protect you against drivers without auto insurance and hit-and-run drivers. Uninsured motorist coverage makes sure that you'll get coverage of your medical costs right away. It's important to insure yourself against those who aren't insured.
Car Thefts in Marlborough, MA
The auto theft rate in Massachusetts is lower than the national average. In Malborough, the risk is even lower. There is only an average of 25 motor vehicles reported stolen yearly.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Marlborough auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.63
Without comprehensive coverage in your auto insurance, you cannot be compensated for a stolen car. This insurance is optional, but will protect you financially from other theft and damage that may occur.
What Other Coverage Options Are There in Marlborough, MA?
Many drivers in Marlborough purchase additional insurance coverage to make sure that they are protected in any circumstance. Below are additional coverage options:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This covers damage that is out of your control, such as theft, weather events, windshield damage and collisions with animals.
- Collision coverage: If you happen to collide with another vehicle or object, this will help pay to repair or replace your car.
- Towing and labor coverage: This will assist with the cost of flat tires, lockouts, and even dead batteries.
- Accident forgiveness: If you are ever in an accident, this coverage will prevent your price from going up.
Marlborough, Massachusetts Car Insurance Costs
Auto insurance rates are determined according to many factors about the individual like:
- Years of driving experience
- Year and model of the vehicle you drive
- Where you store your vehicle
- Number of at-fault accidents
- Type of traffic violations
The cost of car insurance in Massachusetts is above the national average. Drivers in Marlborough spend around $1,460 yearly. There are a variety of discounts that are offered for your policy to get you the best prices. Some options include:
- Multi-car discount: For drivers who insure more than one vehicle
- Anti-theft discount: Vehicles with anti-theft devices
- Number of years licensed discount: Depends on how long you have had your license and your experience behind the wheel.
How Can You Find a Car Insurance Policy in Marlborough, MA?
Work with a local independent insurance agent to get the best car insurance coverage for you in Marlborough. Independent agents work with multiple insurance companies to compare quotes. That way you can pick the policy that fits the coverage you need at the price you want.
Click here independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. Provide a few details about what you’re looking for, and the network will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent only to the agents you pick.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.