Even the most cautious drivers can get into accidents. The law requires all drivers in Randolph to have car insurance. That’s why it's important to have the right auto insurance coverage to protect you from financial loss.
When you work with a local independent insurance agent, it's simple to find the best auto insurance coverage for you. They will offer you multiple customized car insurance quotes at competitive prices that fit your needs. Find a local insurance agent in or near Randolph to get started.
What Are Randolph, Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements?
All drivers in Randolph must have the minimum amount of auto insurance. In order to drive your car in Randolph, you must have the following coverages:
- Bodily Injury to others: $20,000 per person
- Personal injury protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily injury caused by an uninsured auto: $20,000 per accident
- Damage to someone else’s property: $5,000 per accident
Massachusetts is a no-fault state. That means that when an accident happens, no matter who is at fault, your car insurance policy will help cover the bill. With the right insurance coverage, an accident won't cause a large financial burden.
Uninsured Motorists in Randolph, MA
Massachusetts has one of the lowest uninsured driver rates in the country. In Randolph, about 1 out of 8 drivers don’t have car insurance, compared to 1 out of 10 as the national average. If a driver in Randolph is caught operating a vehicle without car insurance, they could face a $5,000 fine, loss of their driving privileges, and even one year of jail.
It is mandatory to have uninsured motorist coverage in Randolph. This policy will protect you against hit-and-run drivers and those without car insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage makes sure that your medical costs are covered. It's important to insure yourself against those who aren't insured.
Randolph, Massachusetts Car Thefts
Randolph has a higher car theft rate than neighboring cities. However, the auto theft rate in Randolph is lower than the national average, with only 33 motor vehicles reported stolen yearly.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Randolph auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.96
Without comprehensive coverage in your car insurance policy, you cannot be compensated for a stolen car. This policy is optional, but will protect you financially from things such as theft and damage that may happen.
Other Insurance Options for Your Auto Policy in Randolph, MA
Drivers in Randolph can purchase additional insurance coverage to make sure they have the coverage they need. Below are additional options to give you extra coverage:
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damage that is out of your control, such as theft, weather events, windshield damage, and collisions with animals.
- Collision coverage: If you happen to collide with another vehicle or object, this insurance will help pay to repair or replace your car.
- Towing and labor coverage: This insurance will assist with the cost of flat tires, lockouts, and even dead batteries.
- Accident forgiveness: If you're ever in an accident, this coverage will prevent your price from going up.
Randolph, Massachusetts Car Insurance Costs
Randolph car insurance rates will vary depending on the individual. Car insurance quotes are determined by the following:
- Type of traffic violations
- Where you garage your vehicle
- Year and model of the vehicle
- Years of driving experience
- Number of at-fault accidents
The average driver in Randolph will spend above the state and national averages for car insurance. Residents will spend around $1,932 yearly for car insurance, compared to the state average of $1,200. Luckily, there are a variety of discounts that are offered to get you the best deal. Some discounts include:
- Multi-car discount: For drivers who insure more than one vehicle
- Anti-theft discount: Vehicles with an anti-theft device
- Number of years licensed discount: Depends on how long you've had your license and your experience behind the wheel.
How Can you Find Car Insurance in Randolph, MA?
Drivers in Randolph can work with a local independent insurance agent to find the right auto insurance. Independent agents work with multiple insurance companies to compare prices. That way you can choose the policy that fits your needs.
Use independent agents to find the best insurance plan in Randolph. Specify what you’re looking for, and the network will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent only to the agents you pick.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.