Brooklyn Park Car Insurance
Find the right car insurance policy for you.
Accidents sometimes happen, even to the most experienced drivers. That is why Brooklyn Park vehicle owners are required to carry car insurance. From fender benders on Zane Avenue to multi-car pileups on I-694, a reliable auto insurance policy can provide the coverage needed to prevent collisions from causing large financial burdens.
Finding the right car insurance policy is easy when you work with an independent insurance agent. An agent in Brooklyn Park can help you obtain and compare a variety of car insurance quotes so you can choose the one that offers the best value for your hard-earned money.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Minnesota?
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Minnesota average cost per year: $1,222
- Brooklyn Park average cost per year: $1,652
- 29th most expensive auto premium in US
Average car insurance rates in the state of Minnesota are a bit lower than the national average, but the average rate is much higher in Brooklyn Park. Of course, the figures above can only give you an estimate of how much you might expect to pay. Rates can vary significantly from one driver to the next.
Your actual auto insurance costs will be calculated based on several different factors, including:
- The make, model, year of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The accident rate within a given radius of your home
- The auto theft rate in your ZIP code
- The amount of liability coverage you wish you purchase
- The amount of your deductible
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with another policy like home insurance or renters insurance
Because there are so many factors involved, and because each insurance company has a different way of calculating rates, comparison shopping can save you money. Talk to an independent agent in Brooklyn Park to easily obtain and compare quotes.
Minnesota Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Required
- Minimum liability limits: 30/60/10; coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $30,000 for one individual; and $10,000 coverage for property damage.
Minnesota’s minimum coverage requirements are designed to ensure that you have enough coverage to protect your finances in the case of most collisions.
However, if you are responsible for a major accident in which several people are severely hurt, or a crash that causes a large amount of property damage, the costs can easily exceed what a minimum coverage policy will pay. In that case you would be responsible for making up the difference out of pocket.
That is why many Brooklyn Park drivers choose to purchase car insurance with higher-than-required liability insurance limits — or even invest in umbrella insurance policies. Your independent insurance agent can help you review the costs for various levels of coverage so you can determine how much liability insurance you can reasonably afford.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Minnesota
If you are caught driving without insurance in Minnesota, you can be penalized with stiff fines, the suspension of your license, and, in some cases, even face jail time. Despite this, one in ten drivers sharing the roads with you in this state does not have car insurance.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%.
- How many Minnesota drivers are uninsured? 10.8%.
If you are involved in a collision that is the fault of an uninsured driver, that person is expected to pay for the damage and any necessary medical treatment. Unfortunately, even with a court order, it can be very difficult to collect this money, particularly if the guilty party simply doesn’t have it.
That is why uninsured motorist insurance, which is required in Minnesota, is so important. It covers damage and injuries that may result if you are in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
Number of Auto Thefts in Brooklyn Park, MN
The auto theft rate in Minnesota is lower than the national average. In Brooklyn Park, the risk is even lower, with an average of just 1.43 thefts per 1,000 vehicles. Of course this does not mean that the threat is non-existent. There are more than 100 vehicles stolen in this city each year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Minnesota auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.74
- Brooklyn Park auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.43
Be aware that you can only receive compensation for a stolen vehicle if your auto insurance policy includes comprehensive, or “other than collision,” insurance. This insurance is optional, but is typically required by lenders if you are still paying for your car. It can also cover other non-collision damage such as that caused by falling objects, floods, and structure fires.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent?
Vehicle owners in Brooklyn Park turn to independent agents for help when they are shopping for the best car insurance. These agents are a wonderful resource for insurance information, and can advocate for you if you need to file a claim.
Find an agent in or near Brooklyn Park to start comparing customized, competitively priced auto insurance quotes.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.