Residents of Papillion, Nebraska who own vehicles are required by law to carry car insurance. A reliable auto insurance policy can shield you from large financial losses whether you are responsible for a minor fender-bender on Washington Street or you find yourself in a multi-vehicle pileup on the Strategic Air Command Memorial Highway. Auto insurance can cover the associated property damage and medical costs. If you are looking for the best car insurance policy in Papillion, a local independent insurance agent can help. Find an agent near you to get started.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost in Nebraska?
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Nebraska average cost per year: $1,086
- 38th most expensive auto premium in the US
On average, auto insurance rates in the state of Nebraska are lower than in most states. Of course, the figures listed above can only give you a ballpark idea of how much you might actually be expected to pay. Insurance companies will calculate your auto insurance costs according to several different factors, including:
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Details about the licensed drivers in your household who may be using the vehicle
- The amount of liability coverage you wish to purchase
- Whether you qualify for discounts such as a good student discount or reduced rates for bundling your coverage with other policies like home insurance or renters insurance
Because each insurance company is likely to quote you a different cost for your premiums, comparison shopping is a great way to save money on your car insurance. Independent agents in Papillion can help.
Nebraska Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Not required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/25; coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual; and $25,000 coverage for property damage.
The minimum liability coverage requirements imposed by the state of Nebraska are sufficient to cover the costs associated with most vehicular accidents. However, more serious collisions — particularly those resulting in injuries that need long-term medical treatment — are likely to exceed these limits. If the costs you are responsible for exceed your policy’s coverage limits, you will need to make up the difference out of pocket. That is why many Nebraska drivers opt for higher liability coverage amounts when they buy their auto insurance. An independent agent can help you compare costs for different levels of coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Nebraska
Even though driving without insurance is illegal, there are thousands of uninsured drivers on the roadways at any given time.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%.
- How many Nebraska drivers are uninsured? 6.7%.
If you are in a collision that is the fault of an uninsured driver, that person is responsible for paying for damage and any necessary medical treatment. Unfortunately, even with a court order, it can be very difficult and time-consuming to collect this money. That is why uninsured motorist insurance, which is required in Nebraska, is so important. Uninsured motorist coverage covers damage and injuries you may sustain if you are in a collision with an at-fault uninsured driver or a hit-and-run driver.
Number of Auto Thefts in Papillion, NE
With fewer than 20 auto thefts in a typical year, the city of Papillion has an auto theft rate that is well below both the state and the national averages.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Nebraska auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.26
- Papillion auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.07
This is good news for vehicle owners in Papillion because it can help to keep insurance costs affordable. Be aware that in the unlikely event that your car is stolen in Papillion, you can only receive compensation for your loss if your auto insurance policy includes comprehensive (or “other than collision”) insurance. This optional insurance can also cover other types of non-collision-related damage, such as that caused by falling objects, fires, and floods.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent?
Independent agents work for you, not for a particular insurance company. They can help you find the best policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. These agents can serve as a resource for insurance-related information and can assist you if you need to file a claim.
Find an agent in or near Papillion to learn more and start comparing quotes.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.