Nevada is home to a large variety of businesses, from giant casinos to small farms. Customized business insurance is easy to find, no matter what kind of company you run. You can get quotes on almost any kind of commercial insurance you can imagine, without ever leaving your home town. Having the right coverage for your investment can mean the difference between a profitable year and a bankruptcy, so make sure you're buying the best business insurance for your needs.
Business Is Big in Nevada
Nevada is one of the best places on earth to settle down and start a business. These are just a few good reasons:
- NV gets over 40 million visitors each year.
- The state of NV is the world's 7th largest economy, along with CA.
- NV holds 1,200 miles of rail line and 150 freight carriers.
- NV attracts a large share of direct foreign investments.
- NV is a technological leader, as the home of the US inter-cloud exchange, and SuperNAPs, the world's biggest data center ecosystem.
- The state of NV is an internationally-recognized destination for the arts and entertainment.
- The population and economy of NV is highly diverse, with small towns, large cities, and residents from across the globe.
If you have chosen to live and work in Nevada, you already know first-hand how many opportunities lie right there on your doorstep. Commercial insurance can help to make certain that an accident, legal claim, or weather disaster doesn't rob you of your success.
Different Businesses Need Different Policies
A cookie cutter insurance policy might be okay for your car or your house, but it doesn't work for your business. What you do is unique, in size, personality, and strategy. If you run an airport shuttle service, for example, you might need some or all of the following types of coverage:
- Commercial fleet vehicle insurance
- Commercial driver liability insurance
- Workers compensation insurance
But if you run a small t-shirt printing company, you probably need a combination more like this:
- Products liability insurance
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Business interruption insurance
Other forms of coverage are more universal, like commercial property coverage for your physical buildings and property, and premises liability coverage for slips and falls in your store. The exact blend of coverage types you need depends on a list of factors and preferences.
That's why independent agents in the Trusted Choice® network write more business policies than any other brand. Unlike captive agents, who can only draw from one insurance company, an independent agent can work with many different insurance providers, and put together a policy bundle perfectly suited to your unique business needs. These agents can also save you money, by offering you only the coverage you need, bundled for maximum discounts.
Popular Commercial Insurance Options in Nevada
The following are some of the most widely used forms of business insurance. You may only need a few types of coverage, or you may need a comprehensive package. A local agent can help you choose what would work best in your situation.
- Business owners policy
- Business liability
- Professional liability
- Errors and omissions insurance
- Business equipment coverage
- Business interruption coverage
- Commercial property insurance
- Cloud computing insurance
- Commercial trailer insurance
- Cargo insurance
- Business umbrella insurance
- Commercial vehicle insurance
- Patent infringement coverage
If you aren't sure which coverage options you need, or how much of each to purchase, talk to an agent about your business and your budget.
How Do You Save Money on Business Insurance in NV?
There are several ways to keep costs down on your business insurance premiums. One way to do this is to set your deductibles higher, and rely more heavily on your credit or liquid assets in an emergency. You can also save money by bundling your business policies and other coverage you need. Another way to keep costs down is to choose lower coverage limits on your liability policies and property coverage.
However, it's important to make sure you keep as much liability coverage as you can reasonably afford. Businesses are statistically much more likely than individuals to face a lawsuit. It only takes one major legal claim against you to put you out of business, unless you have sufficient coverage and cash to cover the settlement costs and legal fees. A business umbrella insurance policy can help to extend and expand your coverage limits on all of your liability policies, giving you peace of mind that your assets are safe.
Get the Right Quotes on Business Insurance
Independent Trusted Choice agents live and work right here in Nevada. A local agent can sit down and talk with you about your business, recommend coverage options and limits, and help you customize a policy that's just the right fit for your company and your budget. Talk to a Trusted Choice agent today for the best quotes on the commercial insurance you need.