Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, and to anyone, especially in the winter when road conditions can be hazardous. That is why car insurance is so important. From fender benders on Main Street to serious collisions on I-15, a solid car insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses as a result.
Independent insurance agents make it easy to find the best auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. Find an insurance agent in Spanish Fork to learn more. You can start comparing customized car insurance quotes in no time.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Spanish Fork, UT?
The good news is that the average cost of car insurance in Utah is significantly lower than the national average.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Utah average annual car insurance cost: $1,059
The quotes you get from insurance companies will differ, not just from the average rate listed above, but from each other. This is because each insurance company has its own way of computing costs. Comparing quotes lets you be sure that you are getting your policy at a good price.
Your quoted price will be based on a number of factors such as:
- The year, make, model, and trim of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- How much liability insurance you wish to purchase
- The coverage options you want to include in your policy
- The size of your deductible
If you are bundling your car insurance with other coverage like home insurance, renters insurance, or life insurance, you can often qualify for significant discounts on each of your policies. You may also be entitled to other potential discounts such as if you have a safe driving record or are a student with good grades.
Let a local independent insurance agent help you compare prices from multiple providers so that you can get all the coverage you need at the lowest offered price.
What Does Spanish Fork Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a mixture of required and optional coverage. As a resident of Spanish Fork, you must carry a policy that meets or exceeds Utah’s minimum coverage requirements. You can expect your insurance provider to offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance: (required) This covers other people’s injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of at least $25,000 per person and $65,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $15,000 per accident
- Personal injury protection (PIP): (required) This covers medical expenses for you and members of your household if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault. Your policy must include at least $3,000 in personal injury protection insurance.
- Collision and comprehensive insurance: (partially optional) Both cover damage to your vehicle, regardless of fault. Though optional by law, these coverage types are often required by lenders until your car is paid in full and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: (optional) This can provide coverage if you are in a collision with an uninsured, under-insured, or hit and run driver. You can purchase uninsured bodily injury coverage and uninsured property damage coverage.
- Roadside assistance and towing: (optional) This covers any necessary assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: (optional) This covers the cost of renting a replacement vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Talk to your insurance agent for help determining how much liability coverage you can reasonably afford and to discuss which coverage options are a good fit for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Spanish Fork?
Driving without insurance is illegal in Utah. If caught, uninsured drivers can face the following:
- A conviction for a Class B misdemeanor
- A fine ranging from $400 to $1,000
- A vehicle registration and driver’s license suspension until proof of insurance is provided
- The requirement to pay a vehicle registration reinstatement fee of $225
Despite it being illegal, nearly one in ten drivers in this state are operating an uninsured vehicle.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 12.6%
- Percentage of Utah drivers who are uninsured: 8.2%
If you carry uninsured motorist insurance, which is optional in this state, you can rest assured that if one of these uninsured drivers is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, you will receive the compensation you are due without needing to go through expensive lawyers or time-consuming lawsuits.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Spanish Fork?
The auto theft rate in Utah is slightly higher than the national average, but in Spanish Fork, the risk is much lower. Residents of this city report an average of about 20 auto thefts in a typical year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Utah auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.45
- Spanish Fork auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.72
While the risk is low, you should be aware that you can only be reimbursed for an auto theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive insurance can cover a wide range of other damaging hazards such as hail, floods, and falling objects.
If you are still paying for your car or if you are leasing it, you probably already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to your insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add this useful “other than collision” coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Spanish Fork, UT?
Independent agents can be extremely helpful when you are looking for the best and most affordable car insurance policy. These insurance professionals can explain your many coverage options, answer your insurance-related questions, and provide you with quotes from multiple providers.
Discover the many benefits of working with an independent agent. Contact an insurance agent with an office near you to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.