Let’s be real, here. You take the ‘serve’ part of public servant to a whole new level. Your 9-to-5 is more like 24/7. And that hard work keeps others’ lives going in the right direction—from the highest courts to the longest roads.
Insurance companies appreciate that, which is why many offer car insurance discounts to federal government employees.
Our independent insurance agents know all about these wonderful discounts. And they’ll help you figure out if you qualify for them, lowering your bills and helping you get back to the things you love the most, like maybe a well-deserved vacation. Sweet, sweet vacation.
But how do these discounts work? Sit back and put your feet up, we’re about to show you.
What Are Federal Government Car Insurance Discounts?
It’s simple: some insurance companies offer a discount on your premiums if you work in certain sectors of the federal government, in recognition of your service. That includes divisions like the following:
- IRS (Internal Revenue Service)
- USPS (U.S. Postal Service)
- FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation)
- Justice system, such as federal prosecutors and judges
- Federal Reserve
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Interior
- Department of Transportation
- FCC (Federal Communications Commission)
- National Security Council
- U.S. International Trade Commission
A quick chat with your boss or HR rep should let you know if your work qualifies you. Our independent insurance agents will handle all the rest.
How Do I Get Federal Government Car Insurance Discounts?
Just say the magic word. Okay maybe it’s not that easy…but close. Federal government car insurance discounts are a form of group discount, one of the simplest insurance discounts to get. And here’s how you get it:
- Ask around the water cooler: You’ll have the best luck starting with your boss, union rep or HR department. Ask if there’s a discount program with a particular insurance company. If yes, celebrate! Move directly to the next step. If not, take heart: You might still qualify. You get to go to the next step, too.
- Have a heart-to-heart with an agent: If you know you’ll get a discount with a certain company, say that up front. If you’re unsure or you know there’s no special discount offered, ask them to look for you. Some companies may offer a general federal employee discount that’s right in your wheelhouse.
- Compare wisely: Your agent may provide you with a few quotes to choose from. If that’s the case, don’t automatically go for the cheapest option—mid-range options could offer more discounts and better coverage, also.
The Benefits of an Independent Insurance Agent
So now you know how federal government employee insurance discounts work. But your time is valuable, so why do all the hard work yourself? Our independent insurance agents stay on top of the industry and all the latest discounts so you don’t have to. That means they’ll help find the right coverage at the right price for you.
But they’re not just there in the beginning, either. If you get into a bit of a pickle and need to make a claim, they’ll help you meet deadlines and ensure you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.