In Dothan, AL, over 68,202 locals are using the roadways. With 2,955,000 commercial truck registrations in the state each year, adequate coverage is essential. When you own a business in Dothan, AL, commercial vehicle insurance may be required.
An independent insurance agent can help your business find a commercial auto policy that fits your budget. Since coverage is mandatory, it will need to comply with state and federal regulations. Get connected with an expert for tailored quotes.
Why Do Dothan, AL, Businesses Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
Dothan requires every business owner with commercial autos to have insurance. Alabama takes it a step further and encourages drivers to practice safety by educating the public. The Alabama Highway Safety Office has a drive safe initiative to help locals become more aware. These are statistics according to their reports.
- In Alabama, almost 56% of road fatalities did not wear seat belts.
- 49% of all Alabama road fatalities occurred at night, including dusk and dawn.
- In Alabama, most fatal crashes occur on a Saturday.
- Friday is when most accidents occur in Alabama.
- A road accident in Alabama occurs every 197 seconds.
If your Dothan business runs heavy loads across state lines, you'll have two responsibilities.
- Commercial vehicle insurance may need to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Materials that are being transported will need to be documented with DOT and your insurance carrier.
What Are the Commercial Vehicle Coverage Requirements in Dothan, AL?
Dothan, AL, mandates all commercial vehicle owners to have the state's minimum limits of liability. If you operate heavy and tractor-trailer trucks, you'll need to abide by the Department of Transportation (DOT) as well. Check out the state's requirements below.
Alabama's minimum liability requirements for commercial vehicles
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
Alabama's DOT minimum liability requirements for oversized vehicles / loads
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $300.000 property damage liability per accident
- $1,000,000 if a combined single limit policy
The average number of commercial vehicle sales per year is 10,486,622. To comply with state and federal guidelines, you'll need to check your policy for accuracy. While minimum limits are all that's required, you may want to consider more coverage to be adequately insured.
What Else Does Dothan, AL, Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cover?
Commercial truck insurance is roughly 5% of a business owner's expense. In order to get the right coverages on your commercial vehicle policy, optional items may be worth the price. Take a look at the additional coverage choices below.
Rental car insurance: This covers the cost of renting a commercial vehicle while your company-owned auto is being repaired.
Towing and roadside assistance: This will pay for a tow to pick up your disabled commercial auto.
Collision insurance: This will replace or repair your commercial auto that is damaged due to an accident.
Non-owned or hired auto liability insurance: If an employee or contractor uses a non-company-owned vehicle while doing business on your behalf, this will cover your exposure.
Uninsured motorist insurance: If your commercial auto is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, this provides coverage for property damage and medical costs.
Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your commercial vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision accident.
How Much Does Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cost in Dothan, AL?
Several items will calculate your Dothan, AL, commercial vehicle insurance costs. Specific risks and exposures are taken into account when coverage is rated. Check out the risk factors that companies use to determine your pricing below.
- Year, make, and model of all vehicles
- The radius in which you travel
- The number of drivers and their motor vehicle records
- What the vehicles are used for
- The coverage you choose
- Where you store the vehicles
- What safety measures you have in place
- The time of day or night these vehicles are driven
The above items are used to set your premiums with the carriers. Insurance scores, loss histories, and more are factored into the costs. To get the best pricing and coverage, obtain multiple quotes.
Why Work with an Independent Agent in Dothan, AL?
Commercial vehicle insurance is not only necessary in Dothan, AL, it's mandatory. If you're trying to figure out what coverages are needed on your own, you may be missing key items. If the best protection for a fair price is your desire, consider using a professional.
An independent insurance agent can help you find a commercial auto policy that complies with state and federal guidelines. They work on your behalf at zero cost to your business. Get connected with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for customized quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.