Manitou Springs Colorado Car Insurance
Car insurance is mandatory. Overpaying for it is not.
Even the most experienced drivers can be involved in collisions. That is why vehicle owners in Manitou Springs are required to carry car insurance. From fender benders on Manitou Avenue to multicar collisions on US 24, a reliable auto insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses because of an accident.
Finding the best and most affordable car insurance is easy when you work with an independent agent. These local agents can help you obtain and compare customized car insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. Contact an insurance agent near you to get started.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Manitou Springs, CO?
The average cost of car insurance in Colorado is higher than the national average.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Colorado average annual car insurance cost: $1,558
Of course, this average rate can only give you a general idea of what you might actually be expected to pay. Car insurance premiums can vary from one driver to the next because they are based on several considerations.
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, and driving record
- Information about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- The coverage options you want to include in your policy
- The size of your deductible
You can usually get rate reductions if you bundle your car insurance with other policies like home insurance or renters insurance.
Comparison shopping enables you to get the coverage you need at the lowest available price. Independent insurance agents make it easy to obtain a variety of customized quotes.
What Are the Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Colorado?
In Colorado, all car insurance policies must include liability insurance. This is designed to cover other people’s damage and medical bills if you cause an accident. Your policy must include coverage of at least the following amounts.
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $15,000 in property damage liability per accident
These required amounts may seem rather high. However, if you are responsible for an accident that results in serious injuries to others, their medical costs can easily exceed what a minimum coverage policy can pay for. In that case, you would be expected to make up the difference.
That is why many Manitou Springs drivers opt to purchase car insurance that has higher liability limits than the state requires. Umbrella insurance can boost your liability coverage even higher. Independent agents can help you get the liability coverage you want at price you can afford.
What Else Can Manitou Springs Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the mandatory liability coverage mentioned above, your car insurance provider will offer a variety of coverage options that you may want to include in your Manitou Springs auto insurance policy.
Your optional coverage includes the following policies.
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if is it damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or totaled by a non-collision event such as a tornado, hail, or fallen tree.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This can cover medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are in an accident caused by an uninsured driver.
- Medical payments: This covers medical treatments for you and your passengers if you are injured in a collision for which you were at fault.
- Roadside assistance and towing: This covers the costs of assistance if your car becomes disabled while you are away from home, such as if your engine overheats or you get a flat tire.
- Gap insurance: This covers the gap between what your car is worth and what you currently owe for it if it is totaled and you are due compensation.
Talk to your local insurance agent for help determining if these or any other coverage options are a good fit for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Why Is Uninsured Motorist Insurance So Important?
If you are caught driving without insurance, you can face fines of $500 to $1000 and the suspension of your driving privileges. You may also be required to complete a set number of hours of community service. Despite this, approximately one in seven drivers in this state is uninsured.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
- Percentage of Colorado drivers who are uninsured: 13.3%
If you are in a collision caused by an uninsured driver, that person is responsible for compensating you for and your passengers for any damage and necessary medical treatments. Unfortunately, these funds may be hard to collect.
Uninsured motorist insurance was created to ensure that you can you receive the compensation you deserve quickly and without the need to take legal action against the at-fault driver.
Does Manitou Springs Car Insurance Cover against Auto Theft?
The auto theft rate in the state of Colorado is higher than the national rate. Fortunately, the risk is relatively low in Manitou Springs. There were only 7 reports of stolen vehicles in this city in 2019.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Colorado auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 3.81
- Manitou Springs auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.30
You can only receive compensation for a stolen vehicle if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive insurance covers more than just car theft, it also covers a variety of non-collision damage such as may be caused by floods, garage fires, or tornadoes.
If you are still paying for your vehicle or you have it on a lease, chances are good you already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to an independent insurance agent to find out how much it will cost you to include it in your Manitou Springs car insurance policy.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent in Manitou Springs Help?
If you are looking for the best auto insurance to meet your coverage and budgetary needs, an independent agent can help. These agents work for you, not for a particular insurance company, so they can shop around to find you the coverage you want at a price you can afford.
Contact an insurance agent in or near Manitou Springs to get more information and to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.