The small city of Angola, IN, is home to about 8,700 people. Many find it to be a great place to live because of its small-town feel, low crime rate, and easy access to Fort Wayne. If you own a house in Angola, a solid homeowners insurance policy can protect the investment you have made in it.
If you are looking for the best and most affordable home insurance coverage, a local independent agent can help by providing assistance and advice. Contact an insurance agent near you to get more information and to start comparing a selection of customized homeowners insurance quotes.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Angola, IN?
Home insurance rates in the state of Indiana are lower than the national average. This is great news for residents of Angola who are looking for an affordable home insurance policy.
- National average yearly premium: $1,211
- Indiana average yearly premium: $1,000
Your actual home insurance quotes are likely to differ a bit from the average rate listed above. This is because costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis and can be based on several factors.
- Your home’s value, age, and size in square feet
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g. single family detached, mobile home, condo, townhouse, vacation home, etc.)
- The crime rate and weather risks where your house is located
- Your claims history and credit score
- The size of your deductible
- Whether you are bundling your homeowners coverage with other policies like car insurance or life insurance
Reviewing a variety of homeowners insurance quotes lets you be sure that you are getting your policy at a great price. Independent insurance agents make comparison shopping easy.
What Are the Risks Faced by Homeowners in Angola?
Your home insurance policy is designed to cover against most of the damaging risks you are likely to face as a property owner in Angola.
Common catastrophic events in Indiana
- Number of federally declared disasters in Indiana: 51
- Most common causes of disasters in the state: Severe storms, floods, and snow
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Indiana: 22
- Homeowners insurance claims paid out in IN in 2019: $1 billion
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Hazards that are most likely to affect residents in this city include accidental fires, windstorms, electrical storms, tornadoes, hail, heavy snows, freezing temperatures, and ice accumulation. Fortunately, each of these hazards is covered by most homeowners insurance policies.
A Word about Flood Damage in Angola, IN
It is important to be aware that flood damage is not covered by homeowners insurance. Fortunately, a local independent agent can help you supplement your home insurance with a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Property owners whose houses are located in FEMA-designated flood zones are required by their lenders to carry flood insurance until their mortgages are paid in full. Otherwise, this coverage is optional.
Keep in mind that more than 20 percent of all flood claims filed are for properties that are located outside of designated flood zones. According to FEMA, just one inch of water in your home can cause as much as $25,000 in property damage.
Talk to a local independent insurance agent for help securing an affordable flood insurance policy through the NFIP.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is Loss of Use Coverage?
If a major disaster like a fire or a tornado destroys your house or leaves it uninhabitable until repairs are made, the loss of use coverage in your homeowners insurance can pay for your temporary living expenses.
Loss of use insurance can pay for hotel or rental accommodations and can provide you with a meal allowance. It can also cover your additional mileage if you must drive further to get to and from work.
Talk to your local insurance agent to learn more about what loss of use coverage can do for you.
Why Is Liability Insurance Important for Angola Homeowners?
Homeowners insurance also provides you with a significant amount of personal liability protection. This can prove quite beneficial if you or someone in your household is responsible for accidental injuries or property damage to others.
Homeowners liability insurance can cover expenses such as court costs, legal fees, settlements, judgments, and other associated damage for covered events. Examples of times your insurance can prove beneficial include the following scenarios.
- If a visitor to your home is seriously injured in an accident that can be attributed to negligence of upkeep
- If your child hits a baseball through your neighbor’s picture window while playing outside
- If you accidentally hit someone with a golf ball while enjoying a day at the Hidden Valley Golf Course
- If your dog gets loose and bites someone
- If you are accused of libel or slander
If you have a lot to lose and want more liability coverage than your home insurance can provide, your local insurance agent can also help you find a suitable umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is an affordable way to boost all your liability coverage.
Does Angola Homeowners Insurance Cover against Burglaries?
The burglary rate in Indiana is similar to the national rate; but in Angola, the risk is lower. Residents of this city report about 20 burglaries a year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 3.76
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Indiana: 3.78
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Angola: 1.85
If your house is broken into, the first thing you should do is make sure that you and your family are safe, and then notify the authorities. You will need to have a copy of the police report when you file a claim. Your homeowners insurance can then reimburse you for your losses as well as for any damage the burglar may have caused to your home.
Your local insurance agent can provide you with guidance and assistance throughout the claims process if needed.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Angola, IN?
Independent insurance agents are free to work with several different insurance companies, so they can shop around to provide you with a selection of customized quotes. That way, you can be sure that you are choosing the coverage you need at the most competitive price.
Independent agents in the Angola area make it easy to find the best and most affordable homeowners insurance policy. Contact an insurance agent near you to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.