Accidents can happen to anyone, especially during snowy Massachusetts winters. From fender benders on Lowell Road to serious collisions on the Concord Turnpike, a solid car insurance policy can prevent residents of Concord from facing large accident-related financial losses.
Independent insurance agents make finding the best auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs simple. Find an insurance agent in Concord to learn more. You can start comparing customized car insurance quotes in no time.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Concord, MA?
The average cost of car insurance in Massachusetts is only slightly higher than the national average. Taking the time to shop around and compare rates can potentially save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Massachusetts average annual car insurance cost: $1,460
The quotes you get from insurance companies will most likely differ, not just from this average rate, but also from each other. This is because each insurance company has its own way of determining risk and calculating rates. Your quoted costs will be based on a number of factors such as:
- The make, model, and year of every vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
If you are bundling your car insurance with homeowners insurance or renters insurance, you can often qualify for significant discounts on each of your policies. You may also be entitled to other potential discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record or are a student with good grades.
Let a local independent insurance agent help you compare prices and obtain all the discounts for which you qualify so that you can get the coverage you need at the most competitive price.
What Does Concord Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a mixture of required and optional coverage. As a resident of Concord, your policy must meet or exceed the Massachusetts minimum coverage requirements. This state requires drivers to carry liability insurance and personal injury protection insurance (PIP), and uninsured motorist insurance.
Additionally, if you are still paying for your car, your lender will probably require you to also carry comprehensive and collision insurance as well. Likewise, if you are leasing your vehicle, the dealership will probably require you to have collision and comprehensive coverage.
You can expect your insurance provider to offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance (Required): This covers other people’s injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $5,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) (Required): This pays for medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault. Your policy must include at least $8,000 in personal injury protection insurance.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Required): This pays for otherwise non-covered damage and injuries you may suffer if you are in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your policy must include bodily injury coverage of at least $20,000 per person, $40,000 per accident.
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as a flood, falling object, or garage fire.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This pays for necessary assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This pays for the cost of renting a replacement vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Talk to your insurance agent for help determining how much liability coverage you can reasonably afford and to discuss which coverage options may be right for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Concord?
Driving without insurance is illegal in Massachusetts. If caught, uninsured drivers can face the following:
- A civil motor vehicle infraction (CMVI) conviction on your record
- A fine ranging from $500 to $5,000
- The loss of your driver’s license for 60 days to one year
- A fee of $500 to be paid to the state’s assigned risk plan (MAIP)
- Incarceration for up to one year
This state has some of the toughest penalties for uninsured driving in the nation. It should therefore come as no surprise that it also has one of the lowest percentages of uninsured drivers.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 12.6%
- Percentage of Massachusetts drivers who are uninsured: 6.2%
Because you are required to have uninsured motorist insurance in your car insurance policy, you can rest assured that if an uninsured driver is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, you will receive the compensation you are due without needing to go through expensive lawyers or time-consuming lawsuits.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Concord?
The auto theft rate in Massachusetts is lower than the national average, and in Concord, the risk is much lower still. Residents of this city report an average of only two auto thefts a year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Massachusetts auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.18
- Concord auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.15
While your risk of having your car stolen is very low in Concord, it is important to know that you can only be reimbursed for an auto theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
This optional coverage can also cover a wide range of non-collision damage such as that caused by floods, garage fires, fallen trees, and large hailstones.
If you are still paying for or leasing your car, you probably already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to your insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add this useful “other than collision” coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Concord, MA?
Independent agents can be extremely helpful when you are looking for the best car insurance policy. These insurance professionals can explain your many coverage options, answer your insurance-related questions, and help you review offerings from multiple providers.
Discover the many benefits of working with an independent agent. Contact an insurance agent with an office near you, and you can start comparing customized car insurance quotes in no time.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.