Whether you’re driving on I-40 toward Nashville or running errands in town, car accidents can and do happen at any time in Lebanon, Tennessee. Even the most careful drivers can find themselves involved in a crash in the blink of an eye. But with a reliable auto insurance policy, you can head out on the road with confidence. Car insurance provides you with the financial backup you need after an auto accident.
It pays for repairs to damaged cars and can even help you replace a totaled vehicle. And if you’re at fault, it can help you reimburse other drivers for any vehicle damage or injuries that you caused. Independent insurance agents make shopping for the right car insurance policy easy. Independent agents can work with multiple insurance companies, so you can compare quotes and make sure you are getting the high-quality, best-value coverage you desire.
Tennessee Car Insurance Requirements
Tennessee law requires all vehicle owners to have a minimum amount of auto insurance coverage, including:
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Not required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/15; coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual; and $15,000 coverage for property damage
Talk to an insurance agent about the importance of purchasing more than the minimum auto liability insurance required by the state. Tennessee’s minimum requirements may be sufficient to cover damage from minor accidents. But if you cause a serious accident, the minimum coverage probably won’t protect you.
If you don’t have enough coverage, you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for all of the expenses that exceed your policy limits. And if you’re sued for additional damages, the costs may be insurmountable. Purchasing higher auto liability insurance limits is usually the best way to ensure that you are protected. An independent insurance agent can help you decide what coverage limits are best for your family and you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Tennessee
Driving without insurance is against the law in Tennessee, yet many drivers continue to drive without coverage. In fact, Tennessee has the 5th highest percentage of uninsured drivers in the nation.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%
- How many Tennessee drivers are uninsured? 20%
If you are in an accident that is caused by an uninsured driver, it can be difficult—if not impossible—to collect reimbursement from the at-fault driver. Uninsured motorist insurance is designed to ensure that you can receive compensation even when the at-fault driver can’t or won’t pay. Uninsured motorist coverage is not required in Tennessee.
Number of Auto Thefts in Tennessee
The auto theft rate across the state of Tennessee is lower than the national average. The auto theft rate in Lebanon is similar to the state and national averages.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Tennessee auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.27
- Lebanon auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.12
If your car is stolen or vandalized, you need comprehensive coverage to reimburse you for your lost or damaged car and any personal belongings that were inside your car when it was stolen. Comprehensive coverage also helps pay for a variety of vehicle damage scenarios that do not qualify as “collisions.”
If a tree falls on your car, the comprehensive coverage portion of your auto insurance policy will pay for you to repair or replace your damaged or totaled vehicle. An independent insurance agent in Lebanon can help you review the cost to include this coverage in your policy.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Lebanon, TN?
Tennessee is the 24th most expensive state for car insurance. Car insurance rates in Lebanon are lower than the state and national averages.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Tennessee average annual car insurance cost: $1,263
- Lebanon average annual car insurance cost: $1,113
Remember, everyone’s car insurance rates are a little different. Insurance companies evaluate your individual risk factors and base your rates on how likely you are to file a claim. The characteristics they consider include:
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Auto theft rates in your city or ZIP code
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing and the deductibles you choose
- Whether you own or rent your home
Most insurance companies offer a variety of discounts to help you keep costs down. Bundling your home insurance or renters insurance with your auto insurance is often one way to earn a discount. Contact an independent insurance agent in Lebanon to obtain and compare customized quotes from multiple, highly rated insurance companies.
Why Contact an Independent Insurance Agent?
Vehicle owners in Lebanon can ask an independent insurance agent for help finding the best auto insurance. Independent agents can obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies, so you can choose a policy that best meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
Contact a local agent to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.