From crashes on Sheridan Boulevard to fender-benders in the parking lot at the local King Soopers, accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, and to anyone — especially in the winter when roads can be slick with ice and sleet. Fortunately, a solid car insurance policy can shield drivers in Edgewater, CO, from the expensive costs associated with collisions.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable car insurance policy to meet your coverage needs. Find an insurance agent in or near Edgewater to learn more, and you can start comparing customized auto insurance quotes in no time.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Edgewater, CO?
The average cost of car insurance in Colorado is higher than the national average. Shopping around for rates has the potential to save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Colorado average annual car insurance cost: $1,558
Car insurance rates are calculated on a case-by-case basis according to a variety of factors such as the following.
- The year, make, and model of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, driving record, and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
- The size of your deductible
If you are bundling your car insurance with other policies like home insurance or renters insurance, you may qualify for significant discounts on all your policies. You may also be entitled to other discounts if you have a safe driving record or are a student with good grades.
Let a local independent insurance agent help you find all the discounts for which you are entitled so that you can obtain the coverage you need at the best possible price.
What Does Edgewater Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a mixture of required and optional coverage. As a vehicle owner in Edgewater, you are required by law to have a policy that meets or exceeds the Colorado's minimum liability coverage requirements.
You can expect your auto insurance provider to offer the following coverage.
- Liability insurance (required): This can cover third-party injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include the following.
- bodily-injury liability coverage of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- property damage liability coverage of at least $15,000 per accident
- Collision insurance (mostly optional): This can pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision, regardless of fault. Though optional by law, this coverage is often required by lenders until your car is paid off and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Comprehensive insurance (mostly optional): This can pay for non-collision related loss or damage to your vehicle, such as if a tree falls on it or it is stolen. Though optional by law, this coverage is often required by lenders until your car is paid off and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (optional): This can cover the cost of any medical treatments you or your passengers may require if you are in a collision caused by an uninsured, under-insured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Medical payments insurance (optional): This can cover any necessary medical treatments if you or your passengers are injured in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Roadside assistance and towing (optional): This can cover the cost of necessary assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road or away from home.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (optional): This can cover the cost of renting a comparable vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Even though a minimum-coverage policy will be your least expensive option, it is not always the most economical choice. If you cause a collision and your liability limits are too low, you will be expected to make up the difference out of pocket. Also, if you only carry liability insurance, you will not have coverage for your own vehicle if you cause an accident.
Talk to your insurance agent for help deciding which coverage options may be right for you and how much coverage you can reasonably afford.
Why Is Uninsured Motorist Insurance So Important?
Even though driving without insurance in Colorado is illegal, more than one out of every ten motorists you are sharing the roads with in this state is operating an uninsured vehicle. If caught, these drivers can face fines, the suspension of their drivers licenses, and mandatory community service.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
- Percentage of Colorado drivers who are uninsured: 13.3%
Uninsured motorist insurance lets you rest assured that if an uninsured, under-insured, or hit-and-run driver is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, you will receive the compensation you are due without needing to go through expensive lawyers or time-consuming lawsuits in an attempt to collect what is owed to you.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Edgewater?
The auto theft rate in Colorado is higher than the national average. In Edgewater, the risk is even greater. In 2019, there were 30 auto thefts reported in this small municipality.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Colorado auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 3.81
- Edgewater auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 5.59
The only way you can be reimbursed for an auto theft is if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. Talk to your insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add this optional coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Edgewater, CO?
Independent agents can be a great source of information when you are looking for the right car insurance policy. These experienced professionals can explain your many coverage options, answer your insurance-related questions, and help you review coverage and prices from multiple providers. That way you can choose the policy that offers you the best value for your money.
Contact an independent insurance agent with an office in or near Edgewater to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.