The Augusta metropolitan area includes more than half a million residents. This city is famous for hosting the Master’s golf tournament every spring, but the residents of Augusta certainly do more than just play golf. This area is also a regional center of medicine and biotechnology and a place where thousands of people have established businesses. If you are one of these entrepreneurs or business owners, you will want to be sure to protect your venture with an Augusta, GA business insurance policy.
A TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent can help you compare quotes, answer your questions, and provide you with personal service. Because these agents have the freedom to work independently, they can provide Augusta commercial insurance quotes from multiple insurers and help you find a good deal on great coverage. Contact an independent agent today to get started.
- Businesses in the Medical District of Augusta employ more than 25,000 people and add $1.8 billion to the region’s economy
- Other top employers in Augusta include business in the retail, service, and government sectors
- Number of private non-farm establishments with employees in Georgia, 2010: 217,099
- Number of people employed by private non-farm business in Georgia, 2010: 3,315,274
- Number of small businesses with no employees in Georgia, 2010: 771,155
- Number of Georgia farms, 2007: 47,846
Whether your enterprise is small and simple or large and complex, it is a good idea to consider securing an Augusta business insurance policy that can minimize your risks, protect you from liability, and increase your financial security.
How Much Does Augusta Business Insurance Cost?
The cost of a business insurance policy can vary greatly depending on your industry and your coverage needs. A business that works out of a small office will have different insurance needs than a storefront operation or one that uses construction vehicles. Some cost estimates for liability coverage include the following:
- Small business professional liability yearly cost estimate: $500 to $2,500
- Small business general liability yearly cost estimate : $500 to $15,000
Of course, if your risk of liability is low, your costs will also be much lower. The more employees you have and the more likely it is that your business may be sued by a customer, the higher your rates will be. The U.S. Small Business Administration, or SBA, suggests using these tactics for finding the right commercial coverage:
- Evaluate your business requirements
- Find alternative commercial policies to satisfy these needs
- Shop around for the right insurers to protect and enhance your company
A Trusted Choice agent can help you through each of these steps so that you can build a business insurance policy that is right for your businesses and includes only the coverage you need.
Types of Augusta Business Insurance
Consider some examples of different business concerns. Service businesses might be most concerned with obtaining general liability insurance in case a customer claims that the company’s actions (or inaction) were harmful. Doctors in the Augusta Medical District may be eager to find affordable malpractice (professional liability) insurance. A retail store’s main concern could be purchasing property insurance to protect a building and inventory.
Because coverage needs vary so much from company to company, business insurance policies are extremely customizable. The following are some of your business coverage options:
- General liability insurance: This provides coverage if a customer or visitor is injured on your business property. This is particularly important if you operate a storefront operation.
- Product liability insurance: If your business manufactures goods that are sold to the public, there is a chance a manufacturing error could create a hazard with the product. This will provide coverage if a customer is injured or sickened by your product.
- Professional liability insurance: Also known as indemnity insurance, this provides coverage if a customer sues you for negligence, malpractice or breach of contract
- Commercial property insurance: This provides compensation for damages to the building in which your business is housed and the materials kept on the property.
- Commercial vehicle insurance: Whether you own a single delivery car or a fleet of limos, commercial vehicle insurance will provide the coverage your business needs if an employee is in an accident while driving a company vehicle.
- Business interruption insurance: If your business must close for a length of time due to a covered event, this insurance will provide continuation of income during that period.
- Fidelity insurance: If one of your employees should engage in illegal activities while working for you, including embezzlement, this coverage will protect your business from loss.
Find the Augusta Business Insurance Policy that is Right for You
Shopping for business insurance can be time-consuming and difficult. Be certain that you are buying all the coverage you need. Contact a Trusted Choice agent for assistance. Your local agent can help you analyze your risks, figure out which policy options will benefit your operation, and supply a variety of customized policies and quotes for your review.
Member agents can be counted on to give you great service both now and in the future. If you need to make a change or file a claim, your local agent will be there to assist you. Contact an independent agent today to start comparing Augusta commercial insurance quotes.