Butler Indiana Car Insurance
Local independent agents can help you find a great policy at a competitive price.
Even the most cautious drivers sometimes get in accidents. That is why vehicle owners in Butler are required to carry car insurance. From major collisions on Main Street to fender benders in the Kaiser’s Food Center parking lot, a good car insurance policy can save you from facing large financial losses.
Finding the best and most affordable auto coverage is easy when you work with a local independent agent. These insurance professionals can help you obtain and compare customized quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. Talk to an insurance agent near you for help finding the best car insurance policy.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Butler, IN?
The average cost of car insurance in Indiana is lower than the national average rate. This is good news for Butler residents who are looking for an affordable auto policy. Comparing rates from a few insurance providers lets you be sure you are getting your car insurance at a reasonable price.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Indiana average annual car insurance cost: $1,033
Average costs can only give you a ballpark idea of what you will be expected to pay. Car insurance rates can vary significantly from one driver to the next because they are based on several factors such as the following.
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, marital status, and driving record
- Details about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy, if any
- The size of your deductible
- Your claims history and credit score
You can usually get rate reductions if you bundle your car insurance with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance. Many insurance companies also offer other incentives like good-student discounts and safe-driver discounts.
Find out how much a car insurance policy will cost you by consulting a local independent insurance agent.
What Are the Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Indiana?
In Indiana, all car insurance policies must include the following.
- Liability insurance: This covers other people’s medical bills and damages if you cause an accident. Your policy must include the following.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability insurance: $25,000 per accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance*: This covers your medical bills and damage if you are in an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your policy must include at least the following.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury insurance: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident.
- Uninsured motorist property damage insurance: $25,000 per accident.
Many Butler drivers opt to purchase car insurance with higher liability coverage limits than the state requires. If you want even more liability protection than your insurance policy can offer, your agent can also help you find an affordable umbrella insurance policy.
* In Indiana, you can opt out of the requirement to carry uninsured motorist coverage provided you do it in writing.
What Else Can Butler Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the mandatory coverage mentioned above, your car insurance provider will also offer optional coverage that you may want to include in your Butler auto insurance policy. These options include the following.
- Collision insurance: This covers repair or replacement costs if your vehicle is damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers repair or replacement costs if your vehicle is damaged or totaled due to a non-collision event like a windstorm or a garage fire.
- Medical payments insurance: This covers medical treatments for you and your passengers if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Roadside assistance and towing: This covers the costs of assistance if your car becomes disabled while you are away from home, such as if you run out of gas or your engine overheats.
- Gap insurance: This covers the gap between what your car is worth and what you currently owe for the vehicle if it is totaled in a covered event. This coverage is typically needed during the first few years of new-car ownership when depreciation is most rapid.
- Rental car reimbursement: This covers the cost to rent a vehicle while your own car is being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your local insurance agent for help determining which, if any, of these coverage options is a good fit for you and your family.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Butler?
Driving an insured vehicle is illegal in Indiana. If caught, you can face fines of $250 to $1,000, the suspension of your driver’s license for 90 days to one year, reinstatement fees, and an increase in your car insurance rates. Despite this, nearly one in six drivers in this state is driving without coverage.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
- Percentage of Indiana drivers who are uninsured: 16.7%
Unless you have opted out of the requirement to carry uninsured motorist insurance, you will have the coverage you need if you are injured or suffer property damage in a collision caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
Uninsured motorist insurance spares you from the need to go through legal channels in an attempt to collect what is owed to you. After compensating you, your insurance company will take on the responsibility of trying to collect the money owed from the at-fault driver and will absorb the losses if unsuccessful.
Does Butler Car Insurance Cover against Auto Theft?
The auto theft rate in the state of Indiana is the same as the national rate.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Indiana auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
Be aware that you can only be compensated for a stolen vehicle if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers more than just auto thefts. It can also reimburse you for repair costs if your car is damaged in a non-collision event like a hailstorm or a flood.
If you are still paying for your vehicle or if you have it on a lease, chances are good you have this insurance already. If not, talk to an independent insurance agent to find out how much it will cost to add comprehensive coverage to your Butler car insurance policy.
Local Independent Insurance Agents Are Ready to Help
You can turn to a local independent agent for help when you are shopping for the best auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. These agents work for you, not for a specific insurance company, so they can shop around to find you the coverage you want at a price you can afford.
Contact an insurance agent in or near Butler, IN, to get answers to all of your insurance-related questions. You can start comparing customized car insurance quotes in no time.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.