Easton, MD Car Insurance
How to find a local expert for free
In Easton, MD, there are 16,671 residents, making this a small town. If you own and operate a vehicle here, there are some things you need to know. Car insurance is usually required in most states and necessary if you plan to use the roadways.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that won't break the bank. They do the shopping for you at no additional charge. Get connected with a local expert for details.
What Is Car Insurance?
Almost every state requires auto coverage if you plan to use the streets. Easton, MD, is no different and has insurance limits that are mandated to drive. If you're found without adequate coverage, you'll be responsible for violations and more.
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
There are three main basic types of risks that you want to make sure you're protected against. Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following:
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Easton, MD?
Your Easton, MD, primary auto policy comes automatically with the minimum limits of liability. If you want coverage for anything extra, you'll have to add it. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire, vandalism, or hitting an animal.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Easton, MD?
Car insurance costs will vary, like all your other insurance policies. Several factors go into your pricing, which makes each policy different. Check out rating factors the carriers use in Easton, MD:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
When you want instant savings, consider bundling your insurance policies. If you bundle your auto with your homeowners insurance, you'll save big-time. Carriers usually give a 30% discount or more on car insurance.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
Easton, MD, requires every driver to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage could save you thousands of dollars in loss. Let's look at the facts:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland percentage of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics In Easton, MD
Every city has criminal activity, but did you know it can impact your insurance premiums? Easton, MD, auto theft rates will play a role in how much insurance will cost you. The more activity, the more you'll pay for coverage. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Easton average: 36.30
In order to have proper protection for vehicle thefts, you'll need to add specific coverage to your auto policy. Comprehensive insurance will help cover any thefts that could occur involving your vehicle. Typically, you'll have a deductible amount anywhere from $250 to $1,000 per incident.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
When you're shopping for the best coverage in Easton, MD, consider using a licensed professional. There are several options when it comes to your car insurance policy. If you're not trained, you could be missing out on essential coverages.
An independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium options that are affordable. They review your coverage at no additional cost so that you know you're getting a good deal. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice to get started today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.