In Greenbelt, MD, there is a local population of 23,224 residents. Some use the roadways continuously. If you're one of them, car insurance is not only necessary, but it's the law.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that will be easy on the wallet. Since they do the comparing for you at no cost, you'll save big-time. Connect with a local expert to get started.
What Is Car Insurance?
In Greenbelt, MD, car insurance is required by state law. If you're found lacking coverage, you are vulnerable to fines or worse. Check out what is necessary to use the roads in MD:
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
There are three common types of risks that all drivers in Greenbelt should have protection against. Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following:
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Greenbelt, MD?
Greenbelt, MD, auto insurance will come with your minimum limits of liability coverage, and that's pretty much it. If you want protection for anything else, you'll have to add it to your policy. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire, vandalism or hitting an animal.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Greenbelt, MD?
The cost of Greenbelt, MD, car insurance will vary. Every driver will be given a unique premium based on their risk. Check out rating factors the carriers use:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
When you need automatic premium reduction, speak with your agent about bundling. By bundling your auto and homeowners insurance with the same carrier, you'll get instant savings. A discount of 30% or more is usual.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
All drivers in Greenbelt, MD, are required to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This is in addition to the minimum limits of liability also required by law. Let's look at the facts:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland percentage of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics In Greenbelt, MD
Every city has a crime rate that impacts your coverage. Greenbelt, MD, local auto thefts will have a negative effect on your car insurance premiums. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Greenbelt average: 320.30
In order to have coverage for a crime like theft, you'll have to add it to your auto policy. Comprehensive insurance will give you the protection necessary to pay for theft or vandalism. A deductible will apply in the amount of $250 to $1,000, depending on your selection.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
If you're trying to get the best coverage in Greenbelt, MD, a trusted adviser can help. There will be several policy options to choose from, and that can be confusing if you're not sure what applies to you. Car insurance is mandatory coverage and should be reviewed by a trained professional.
An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy that will be affordable and sufficient. They work with multiple carriers, giving you the best coverage in town. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice to get started today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.