There are approximately 18,640 residents in Westminster, MD, all of which have access to the roadways at any time. If you're a driver here, you'll be required to have car insurance to utilize the streets.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options. They work with several carriers so that you have multiple policy choices. Connect with a local adviser for competitive quotes today.
What Is Car Insurance?
Every state will have something to say about car insurance coverage. If you're a driver in Westminster, MD, you are mandated by law to carry car insurance at the minimum limits of liability. Check out what's required exactly.
- Minimum limits of auto liability in Maryland: $30,000 per person/ $60,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage
There are three main types of risks that drivers in Westminster should have protection against. Your auto policy will provide coverage for the following.
- Property: Coverage for damage to vehicles and outside property
- Liability: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical: Coverage for your medical expenses due to an at-fault loss
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Westminster, MD?
In Westminster, MD, your auto policy comes standard with the state minimum limits of liability. When you want more coverage, it has to be added for adequate protection. In the meantime, check out some options.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Westminster, MD?
The cost of car insurance in Westminster, MD, will vary. Your unique specifications will determine your premiums, making everyone different. Check out rating factors the carriers use below in Westminster, MD.
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
If you're looking for automatic savings, consider bundling your policies with the same carrier. When you bundle your auto and homeowners insurance, you'll get a deep discount. A savings of 30% or more is typical.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in MD
As a driver in Westminster, MD, you will be required to carry the state limits of uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage. This will protect you when another party is without insurance. Let's look at the facts.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Maryland average of uninsured drivers: 12.4%
Vehicle Theft Statistics In Westminster, MD
In Westminster, there is criminal activity just like anywhere else. Local crime will play a role in how much your auto insurance costs. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people.
- National average: 228.9
- Maryland average: 200.9
- Westminster average: 85.7
If you want coverage for theft and vandalism, you'll have to add it manually. Comprehensive coverage is needed if you wish to have an auto theft insured. Speak with your agent about comprehensive insurance and how it applies to your auto policy.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
When you're shopping for car insurance, sometimes the best route is the easiest. If you work with a trained professional, they do the comparing for you at no additional cost. Your car insurance is essential to meeting state requirements and should be reviewed by an adviser.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent has access to multiple carriers so that you have options. They can help find a policy for an affordable price in minutes. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com and start saving today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.