Car Insurance in Lansing, MI
Where to find coverage, how much it costs, which types you need, and more in Lansing, Michigan.
About one in five drivers in Michigan are currently uninsured. This could be related to the fact that Michigan ranks highest in the nation for the cost of car insurance. But without the proper protection, drivers, their vehicles, passengers, and pretty much everyone else are vulnerable to accidents and many other disasters.
An independent insurance agent in Lansing, MI can help you find the right car insurance to offer you protection on and off the road. You'll walk away with all the coverage you need. First, however, here's a look at how car insurance breaks down in Lansing, MI.
Best Car Insurance in Lansing, MI
An independent insurance agent in Lansing, MI can easily help you find the best car insurance in your area. Because they're local, they know which insurance companies to recommend and where to find the highest quality, most affordable coverage options.
Not only that, but independent insurance agents in Lansing, MI can help you purchase and maintain your policy. They can even file claims for you down the road. As a bonus, they'll also scout out applicable discounts on your coverage.
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Lansing, MI?
What your car insurance covers depends on the types of coverage you select. Commonly chosen car insurance coverages in Lansing, MI include:
- Collision coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled by a non-collision event such as a hailstorm or theft.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This coverage is important to consider with Michigan's high rate of uninsured drivers. It covers you against collisions, etc., with other drivers who don't carry any or enough insurance or in case of a hit and run.
- Liability coverage: This protects you against lawsuits filed by third parties for claims of personal property damage or bodily injury caused by your vehicle.
If you're unsure which types of car insurance you need, your independent insurance agent in Lansing, MI can help you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Lansing, MI?
Car insurance in Lansing, MI is much more expensive than the national average. Car insurance costs drivers an average of $2,476 annually in Michigan, whereas the US yearly average is $1,311. Even though Michigan is the nation's most expensive state for car insurance, having coverage is still key to protecting yourself and others.
Is Car Insurance Required in Lansing, MI?
Lansing, MI has its own set of car insurance requirements, as does anywhere else. Minimum car insurance requirements for Michigan are:
- Bodily injury liability: Drivers must carry bodily injury liability coverage of $100,000 per accident and $50,000 per person.
- Property damage liability: Drivers in Michigan are also required to carry property damage liability coverage of at least $10,000 per incident.
- Personal injury protection: This insurance, which reimburses for your own injuries or injuries to your passengers if you cause an accident, is also required for all Michigan drivers.
Independent insurance agents in Lansing, MI are familiar with your area's coverage requirements. They'll help get you set up with exactly what you need and recommend any additional coverages that would benefit you the most.
What Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in Lansing, MI?
Car insurance is available from many carriers in Lansing, MI. But you can start by checking out a few of our top picks for coverage right here.
|Best Car Insurance Companies in Lansing, MI||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Lansing, MI?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all car insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid car insurance package that's custom-built for you and other drivers in your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best car insurance companies in Michigan to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.