Ocean Springs Car Insurance
(Find the best auto insurance policy for you)
Anyone who has ever taken Ocean Springs Road that connects to Highway 57 on their way to the city center, knows how dangerous Oceans Spring’s roads can be. Slippery road conditions and limited visibility may present hazards during heavy rainfall. You can protect your investment and finances with an Ocean Springs car insurance policy.
If you are looking for lower rates, bought a new car, or just have questions about your current policy, you can chat with an Ocean Springs independent insurance agent. They will help you find and answer questions about your car insurance policy. You can contact an independent insurance agent to get started.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Ocean Springs, MS?
- National average for car insurance: $1,311
- Mississippi average for car insurance: $1,800
- Ocean Springs average for car insurance: $1,290
Rates in Ocean Springs tend to be lower than the state and national average. Your quote, however, may be higher or lower.
Your car insurance rate is going to be considered on specific factors about you and your car. The insurers will calculate components such as:
- Gender, age, and marital status
- Where you live and store the car
- Vehicle size, age, and model
- Credit score
- Driving history
With the help of a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent, you can review quotes from multiple insurance companies to be sure you are getting the best deal.
How Can You Save Money on Car Insurance in Ocean Springs, MS?
Before you purchase your insurance policy, you should always check for discounts that are applicable to you. Many drivers could be saving money on their policy and don’t even realize it. An independent insurance agent makes it easy by doing this step for you. You may receive discounts such as:
- Affiliation discount: Discounts through employer, school, or a membership
- Accident-free discount: Drivers with no accidents that cost the insurer money during the past three to five years
- Homeowner discount: This is applicable if you own a single family home or condominium
- Low Income or occupation discount: This applies to those with state-mandated requirement for income-eligible drivers
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Coverage Do You Have to Have?
Ocean Springs car insurance minimum must-haves:
- Bodily Injury per person: $25,000
- Bodily Injury per accident: $50,000
- Property damage per accident: $25,000
- Carry liability insurance
These minimum coverage amounts are sufficient to cover non-severe accidents, but if you happen to be responsible for a serious collision, you may find yourself left with huge debt for medical or property damage out of pocket. You can prevent this financial risk by investing in additional liability coverage the will go beyond the minimum requirement.
Additional coverage options:
- Collision coverage: This will cover the repair costs if your vehicle is damaged in a crash with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will cover the cost of repairs if your vehicle is damaged by non-collision-related events such as floods, fires, or severe weather.
- Roadside assistance: This will provide you with assistance or a tow if your car breaks down.
Who Pays if the Accident Wasn’t My Fault?
The driver who caused the accident is responsible for any bills. Unfortunately, some people don’t purchase an auto insurance policy. Approximately one in five people in Mississippi are uninsured drivers. If an uninsured driver causes an accident, the other driver is on the hook for the cost of vehicle damage and injuries.
That’s why it is a good idea to purchase uninsured motorist coverage. This insurance will cover any fixes that your damaged car needs. It will also handle your medical bills if a driver who does not have insurance hits you.
Vehicle Theft Rate
- National vehicle theft rate per 1,000: 2.94
- Mississippi vehicle theft rate per 1,000: 1.41
- Ocean Springs vehicle theft rate per 1,000: 2.02
Ocean Springs residents have a 1 in 30 chance of being a victim of property crime, such as auto theft.
No matter where you live, you need auto insurance to help you replace a stolen vehicle or personal property. With Ocean Springs auto insurance, if you become a victim of auto theft, you can get assistance and payment quickly, so you can return to your normal life.
Also, it’s pretty simple to keep your car safe from thieves. Park in safe, will-lit area, never leave your car running while unattended, and always lock your car, even if it’s in your driveway.
Find Affordable Car Insurance in Ocean Springs, MS
TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agents aren’t tied down to one carrier. They will get you quotes from multiple insurance carriers, so you can have a variety of policy options.
No matter where you live or what you drive, an independent insurance agent will appraise the risks you face so you can find affordable Ocean Springs car insurance. When you're ready, contact a local independent agent.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.