The coastal city of Corpus Christi has grown from a small trading post in the 1800s to a city with more than 300,000 residents. It lays claim to the 5th largest port in the United States and its main industries include trade, tourism, oil and petrochemicals. The Corpus Christi Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC) strives to attract several types of new businesses to the region and may benefit your business venture. As a small business owner in this vital Texas city, you can protect your investment with a Corpus Christi, TX business insurance policy.
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you assess your business’s unique coverage needs. By using their relationships with several different insurance companies, these agents can easily find you a variety of competitively-priced policies that meet your specific requirements.
Industries Employing the Most Texans
- Healthcare and social assistance: 1,280,300 jobs
- Retail trade: 1,127,000 jobs
- Accommodation and food services: 908,700 jobs
- Administrative support and waste management: 830,000 jobs
- Manufacturing: 730,600 jobs
- Professional, scientific and technical services: 565,600 jobs
- Construction: 539,500 jobs
With different types of business industries come different types of risk. A business venture that operates a retail store-front does not have same liability risks as one that runs medical facility or one that designs and manufactures products. Fortunately, business insurance can be tailored to fit each company’s unique coverage needs and can protect each type of company from unexpected expenses.
Is a Corpus Christi Business Insurance Policy Required?
Certain types of insurance policies are mandatory for certain types of businesses. For example, if your business has employees, as is the case with only about 17 percent of the small businesses in this state, you will be required to carry worker’s compensation, disability and unemployment insurance. If your business uses company cars or trucks, the state will require you to have commercial vehicle insurance. And if you have taken out a business loan, your lender may require you to carry comprehensive business insurance.
Whether or not you are required to have a business insurance policy, the benefits of this insurance coverage cannot be understated. Several small businesses that have closed their doors or filed for bankruptcy could have avoided this loss by simply having had a business insurance policy in place. You have probably invested a lot time and money into your business so it is well-worth the cost to insure it.
Occupation Types with the Most Employees in Corpus Christi
- Office and administrative support: 27,270 jobs
- Food preparation and serving: 19,160 jobs
- Sales and related occupations: 18,460 jobs
- Construction and extraction services: 15,780 jobs
- Transportation and material-moving occupations: 11,360 jobs
- Education, training and library occupations: 10,870 jobs
- Installation, maintenance and repair services: 10,830 jobs
As a business owner, you can protect your personal assets from any liability charges that may be levied against your company by setting it up as an LLC or a corporation. The business itself, however, remains vulnerable unless protected by a Corpus Christi business insurance policy.
Revenues Generated by Businesses based in Corpus Christi, TX
- Merchant wholesaler sales: $2.693 billion
- Retail sales: $4.134 billion
- Retail sales per capita: $14,584
- Accommodation and food service sales: $607 million
What Does Corpus Christi Business Insurance Cover?
Commercial insurance coverage needs can vary greatly from company to company. Business insurance policies are therefore designed with many different coverage options so that you can build a customized policy that is appropriate for your particular commercial venture. The basic coverage options offered by business insurance policies include the following:
- Liability coverage: If your company is sued for instances of malpractice or negligence-in-provision or because of faulty product design, injuries sustained by others while at your place of business or any other business-related liability case, your business insurance liability protection will cover the damages as well as your court costs and legal fees. There are different types of liability coverage so you need only purchase those that pertain to your particular industry.
- Property coverage: If your business experiences property loss or damages caused by weather, fire, vandalism, theft or any other covered event, your insurance policy will provide compensation. Business policies rarely cover flood damage, however, so it may be necessary to purchase a separate flood insurance policy.
- Lost income coverage: If your company faces an interruption in production or sales because of forced closure caused by a covered event, your business insurance policy will provide compensation so that the financial loss does not affect your business’s bottom line. This coverage should be adequate to allow you to pay your monthly expenses and employee salaries.
Find the Right Corpus Christi Business Insurance Policy
Because businesses types and industries are so varied, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all commercial insurance policy. When shopping for the right policy for your company, you can benefit from the assistance of an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network. Your local member agent can help you assess your business’s unique risks and coverage requirements and can ensure that the policy you choose provides the coverage you need at a competitive rate.
Member agents in the Trusted Choice network have offices in more than 27,000 locations across the U.S. and many of them are located right here in Corpus Christi. Set up an obligation-free meeting with an independent member agent near you and see how much time and money you can save.