Golden Meadow Car Insurance
Find a policy that won't crash your wallet.
Even the most experienced drivers sometime end up in car crashes. That is why vehicle owners in Golden Meadow are required to carry car insurance. From fender-benders to multicar collisions, a reliable auto insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses because of an accident.
Finding the best and most affordable car insurance is easy when you work with an independent agent. These local agents are available to help you obtain and compare customized car insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. Contact an insurance agent near you to get started.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Golden Meadow, LA?
The average cost of car insurance in Louisiana is higher than the national average.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Louisiana average annual car insurance cost: $1,774
This average rate can only give you a general idea of what you might actually be expected to pay. Car insurance costs can vary from one driver to the next because they are based on several factors such as the following information.
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, and driving record
- Information about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- The coverage options you want to include in your policy
- The size of your deductible
In most cases, you can get rate reductions if you bundle your car insurance with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance. Comparison shopping lets you get the coverage you need at the lowest offered price.
What Are the Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Louisiana?
In Louisiana, all car insurance policies must include liability insurance. This is designed to cover other people’s damage and medical bills if you cause an accident.
Your policy must include a minimum of 15/30/25 liability coverage. This means that it must provide at least the following coverage.
- $15,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability per accident
These required amounts may seem rather high. However, if you are at fault for an accident that causes in serious injuries to others, their medical costs can easily exceed what a minimum coverage policy can pay for. In that case, you would be on the hook for making up the difference.
That is why many Golden Meadow drivers opt to purchase car insurance that has higher liability limits than the state requires. Umbrella insurance can boost your liability coverage even higher.
What Else Can Golden Meadow Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the mandatory liability coverage mentioned above, your car insurance provider will offer a variety of coverage options. These include the following.
- Collision coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your own vehicle if is it damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or totaled in a non-collision event such as a windstorm or flood.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This can compensate you for your injuries and property damage that an uninsured or uninsured driver is responsible for in a collision with you.
- Medical payments coverage: This can cover medical treatments for you, your family, and your passengers if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Roadside assistance and towing: This covers the costs of assistance if your car becomes disabled while you are away from home, such as if your engine overheats or you get a flat tire.
- Gap insurance: This covers the gap between what your car is worth and what you currently owe for it if it is totaled in a covered event.
It is a good idea to review the details and costs of each coverage option to determine which is a good value for you and your family.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Louisiana?
If you are caught driving without insurance, you can face the following penalties.
- Fines ranging from $500 to $1,000
- The suspension of your license plate and driver’s license
- A reinstatement fee to get your driving privileges back
- $50 for a first offense
- $150 for a second offense
- $500 for a third or subsequent offense
- Vehicle impoundment
- Storage and wreckage fees for the impounded vehicle
Additionally, if you are in an accident that was caused by someone else while you are driving without insurance, Louisiana’s “No Pay, No Play” law states that you are not entitled to receive compensation for the first $15,000 in medical costs for your injuries or the first $25,000 in property damage from the at-fault driver or their insurance provider.
Despite these harsh consequences, approximately one in seven drivers in this state is uninsured. This is equivalent to the national average for uninsured drivers.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
- Percentage of Louisiana drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
If you are in a collision caused by an uninsured driver, that person is responsible for compensating you for and your passengers for your property damage and needed medical treatments.
Uninsured motorist insurance was created to ensure that you can you receive the compensation you deserve quickly and without the need to take legal action against the at-fault driver.
Does Golden Meadow Car Insurance Cover against Auto Theft?
The auto theft rate in the state of Louisiana is higher than the national rate. However, it is virtually nonexistent in Golden Meadow, a town that has one of the lowest crime rates in the county.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Louisiana auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.48
- Golden Meadow auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.00
Although your risk is extremely low, you should be aware that you can only receive compensation for a stolen vehicle if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers more than just car theft, it also covers a variety of non-collision damage such as may be called by floods, windstorms, and hail.
If you have financed your vehicle, or you have it on a lease, chances are good you already have this coverage. If not, you may want look into how much it will cost for you to add it to your car insurance policy.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help?
If you are looking for the best auto insurance to meet your coverage and budgetary needs, a local independent agent can help. These agents work for you, not for a particular insurance company, so they are free to shop around to find the coverage you want at a price you can afford.
It doesn’t cost anything to talk to an independent agent. Contact an insurance agent near you to get more information and to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.