Agawam Car Insurance
Local independent agents are standing by to help you find the best and most affordable policy.
Even the most experienced drivers can be involved in accidents. That is why car insurance is so important. Whether you find yourself in a fender bender on Springfield Street or in a serious collision on Route 57, a good auto insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses as a result.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable car insurance policy to meet your coverage needs. Find an insurance agent in Agawam to get more information, and you can start comparing customized policies and quotes in no time.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Agawam, MA?
The average cost of car insurance in Massachusetts is higher than the national average. Shopping around and comparing rates has the potential save you a lot of money.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Massachusetts average annual car insurance cost: $1,460
The quotes you get from insurance companies are likely to differ, not just from the average rate listed above, but from each other. This is because each insurance company has its own way of calculating costs.
Your premiums will be based on a number of factors such as the following information.
- The make, model, and year of your vehicle(s)
- Your age, gender, occupation, marital status, and driving record
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
- The size of your deductible
If you are bundling your car insurance with other policies like home insurance or renters insurance, you can usually qualify for significant discounts on each of your policies. You may also be able to save money on your car insurance if you have a long, safe driving record or are a student with good grades.
What Does Agawam Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a mixture of required and optional coverage. As a resident of Agawam, your policy must meet or exceed the minimum coverage requirements in Massachusetts.
This state requires drivers to carry liability insurance, personal injury protection insurance, and uninsured motorist insurance.
Most car insurance providers offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance (required): This covers other people’s injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include the following.
- bodily-injury liability coverage, at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident
- property damage liability coverage, at least $5,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) (required): This pays for medical expenses if you or your passengers are injured in a collision, regardless of fault. Your policy must include at least $8,000 in PIP coverage.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (required): This pays for medical treatments that go beyond what your PIP insurance can cover if you are in a collision caused by an uninsured driver. Your policy must include coverage of at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.
- Collision insurance (partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision, regardless of fault. Though optional by law, this coverage is often required by lenders until your car is paid off and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Comprehensive insurance (partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is lost or damaged in a non-collision event like a flood or hailstorm. Though optional by law, this coverage is often required by lenders until your car is paid off and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Roadside assistance and towing (optional): This pays for the cost of assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire, run out of gas, or need a jump start.
- Gap insurance (optional): This can bridge the gap between what your car is worth and what you still owe for if it is totaled in a covered event.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (optional): This pays for the cost of renting a vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Because the costs associated with a serious collision can easily exceed what a minimum-coverage policy can cover, many residents of Agawam opt to purchase higher levels of liability insurance than the state requires.
If you want even more liability coverage than your car insurance policy can offer, you can also purchase an umbrella insurance policy. This is an affordable way to boost all of your liability coverage.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Agawam?
Driving without insurance is a civil motor vehicle infraction in Massachusetts. If you are caught driving an uninsured vehicle, you can face some pretty tough penalties including the following.
- Fines up to $5,000
- Suspension of your driving privileges for up to one year
- The need to pay a $500 reinstatement fee to get your license back
- Up to one year in jail if you are a repeat offender
Simply put, it’s just not worth the risk. Most residents of this state agree, as is evidenced by the fact that Massachusetts has an exceptionally low rate of uninsured motorists.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 12.6%
- Percentage of Massachusetts drivers who are uninsured: 6.2%
However, 6.2% still equates to a rather large number of uninsured drivers who are sharing the roadways with you.
Because the state requires you to carry uninsured motorist insurance, you can rest assured that if an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, you will receive the compensation you are due without needing to go through time-consuming legal channels.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Agawam?
The auto theft rate in Massachusetts is lower than the national average. And in Agawam, the rate is even lower. Residents of this town reported 15 auto thefts in one recent year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Massachusetts auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.18
- Agawam auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.52
Your car insurance policy can reimburse you for a stolen car, but only if your policy includes comprehensive coverage.
If you are still paying for your car or if you lease it, you probably have this coverage already. If not, you might want to look into how much it will cost you to add this optional “other than collision” coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Agawam, MA?
Independent agents are a terrific source of information when you are looking for the best car insurance policy. These experienced professionals can explain your many coverage options, answer your insurance-related questions, and help you review policies and quotes from multiple providers.
Make sure you are choosing a policy that gives you the best value for your money. Arrange an obligation-free appointment with an independent insurance agent near you to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.