Braintree, MA is a great place to live in, no doubt. There’s easy access to all of the Boston area as well as easy transportation on the Red Line. But if you have to own a car to get where you need to be, it’s going to be expensive. You’re required to carry a lot of insurance by state law, and if you look at the other people on the road, you know why.
This is why an Independent Insurance Agent is so vital to finding the right Braintree auto insurance. Your agent will get to know your needs and find the right coverage for your vehicle at the best possible price by obtaining multiple quotes from many different insurance agencies. You can then compare and select for yourself and drive with confidence, knowing you are covered no matter how crazy traffic gets. Car insurance is expensive in Massachusetts. A quick comparison with national averages from recent years shows this:
- The U.S. average is $1,311 per year for car insurance premiums.
- In Massachusetts, the average is $1,460 every year.
- This ranks the state 16th overall.
- There was a total of $6,530,654 in claimed car insurance losses that year.
Car insurance is for more than just shiny new cars that you want to keep looking their best as you get around your daily routine. In the event of a crash, the potential for high bills is more than the value of your car in case you are injured. The right coverage to protect you in case you are badly injured in an accident is absolutely essential in Braintree because you never know just how bad it can be.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements
The Commonwealth requires all cars on the road to be insured, with certain minimums for protection in key areas. These are the minimums:
- Bodily Injury Liability: State law requires a minimum of $20,000 per person covered and a minimum of $40,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: The state requires a minimum of $5,000 in protection against damage to any property in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required for all motorists, with a minimum of $5,000 in protection against injury.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Coverage against uninsured drivers is required in Massachusetts as well.
In addition to the required coverage on every vehicle and driver, you may want to have a comprehensive policy, which protects every part of your car against any damage. This often includes full replacement for any reason, including vandalism and theft, which will keep your car looking great no matter what happens.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Massachusetts
Despite the laws, there are some drivers out there who don’t have insurance. The figures from recent years are as follows:
- Nationally, 12.6% of all drivers do not have insurance.
- In Massachusetts, it is only 3.9%.
You are required by state law to carry protection against uninsured drivers, so being in an accident with one of these drivers is not going to be a major concern for you.
Number of Auto Thefts in Massachusetts
The rate of car thefts in Massachusetts is a lot lower than the national average:
- Nationally, there were 2.94 thefts per 1,000 cars in recent years.
- In Massachusetts, the rate is 1.91 per 1,000 cars in recent years.
It’s still important to protect yourself against theft no matter what, and the right comprehensive policy for your needs will do just that. You also can take precautions against theft, such as using your car alarm and always parking somewhere that is well lit or has a lot of people around at all times. Some makes and models are targeted more heavily by thieves, although this is not a serious problem on average, so ask your agent if you have to be especially careful.
Find a Great Braintree Car Insurance Policy
With all of the choices and requirements for car insurance, it’s hard to find the right policy for your car and your lifestyle on your own. Talk to an Independent Insurance Agent about your options so that they can find you the quote that fits your needs and is affordable with your budget.