Oxford Car Insurance
Car insurance is required. Overpaying for it is not.
Even the most experienced drivers can sometimes get into car accidents, especially when road conditions are hazardous. That is why vehicle owners in Oxford are required to carry car insurance. From collisions on MS-6 to fender benders in Courthouse Square, a reliable auto insurance policy can shield you from facing large accident-related expenses.
Independent insurance agents in Oxford make shopping for the best car insurance easy and stress-free. These agents can explain your various options and can provide you with a selection of customized auto insurance quotes so you can be sure you are getting a great policy at a competitive price. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Oxford, MS?
The average price for car insurance coverage in Mississippi is higher than the national rate. However, in Oxford, the average cost runs on the lower side. This is great news for area residents looking for affordable auto insurance coverage.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Mississippi average annual car insurance cost: $1,584
- Oxford, MS average annual car insurance cost: $1,341
Of course, car insurance rates can vary significantly from one driver to the next, so these figures only offer a ballpark idea of what your actual costs might be. Insurance companies will base your rates on a number of different factors such as:
- The make, model, year, and trim of the vehicles you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Information about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The approximate number of miles you drive each year
- How much coverage you are purchasing and the amount of your deductible
- The accident and auto theft rates in the vicinity of your home
You are likely to get much lower rates if you have a long, safe driving record. You can also get policy discounts if you bundle your coverage with another policy like home insurance or renters insurance. Independent insurance agents can make sure that you get any discounts you are entitled to and that the policy you purchase is offered at a competitive price.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Are Mississippi’s Minimum Car Insurance Requirements?
If you are responsible for a car accident, you are required to cover the medical expenses and property damage losses you cause to others. Fortunately, liability insurance has you covered. In Mississippi, you are only required to carry liability insurance. Your car insurance must include, at a minimum, the following:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability per accident
If you cause an accident that involves serious injuries or significant property damage, your liability costs are likely to exceed what a minimum coverage policy will cover. In that case, you would be required to make up the difference out of pocket. That is why many people choose to purchase higher liability limits than the state requires.
If you want to have even more liability coverage than your Oxford car insurance policy will allow, you can also look into umbrella insurance. This is an affordable way to significantly increase all of your liability coverage. Talk to your insurance agent to learn more about the benefits of an umbrella insurance policy.
What Else Can Oxford Car insurance Cover?
In addition to the state's minimum requirements, you can purchase optional insurance coverage, including:
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost to repair collision-related damage to your vehicle, regardless of fault. This may be required by your lender if you are still paying for your car.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair non-collision damage to your vehicle. This may be required by your lender if you are still paying for your car.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This covers medical treatment for injuries sustained in an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. This is particularly important in MS, where more than 23% of the drivers on the roads are uninsured.
- Medical payments insurance: Also referred to as personal injury protection, or PIP, this covers the treatment of injuries you or your passengers may sustain in a car accident for which you are responsible.
- Towing and roadside assistance insurance: This can pay for the costs associated with receiving assistance if your vehicle breaks down while you are out on the road.
- Rental car reimbursement insurance: This can pay for you to get a rental car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your local insurance agent to learn more about your various coverage options and to find out how much each will cost to add to your policy.
Does Oxford Car Insurance Cover Auto Thefts?
The good news is that incidents of auto theft have been dropping steadily in Oxford over the last decade. There are currently about 15 vehicle thefts reported every year.
It is important to be aware that your car insurance policy will not cover you against auto theft unless you have included comprehensive coverage. This “other than collision” coverage is not required by law, but it is required by most lenders until you own your vehicle outright.
Comprehensive insurance covers far more than just vehicle theft. It can also cover other non-collision damage such as that caused by hazards like floods, fallen trees, garage fires, and vandalism. Talk to an independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to include this optional coverage in your auto insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Oxford, MS?
As a vehicle owner in Oxford, you can turn to a local independent insurance agent for help when you are looking for a car insurance policy that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. These agents are free to work with several different insurance companies so they can obtain a variety of customized car insurance quotes that you can review together.
Contact an insurance agent with an office in Oxford to get started with your search for the best car insurance coverage.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.