Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, and to anyone, especially when road conditions are hazardous. That is why car insurance is so important. From fender benders on Matthews-Mint Hill Road to serious collisions on I-485, a solid car insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses as a result.
Independent insurance agents make it easy to find the best auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. Find an insurance agent in Mint Hill to learn more. You can start comparing customized car insurance quotes in no time.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Mint Hill, NC?
The good news is that the average cost of car insurance in North Carolina is significantly lower than the national average. This is great news for Mint Hill residents who are searching for an affordable policy.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- North Carolina average annual car insurance cost: $986
The quotes you get from insurance companies will differ, not just from the average rate listed above, but from each other. This is because each insurance company has its own proprietary way of assessing risk and computing costs. Comparing quotes lets you be sure that you are getting your policy at a competitive price.
Your quoted rate can be based on several factors such as:
- The year, make, model, and trim of the vehicles you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability insurance you wish to purchase
- The coverage options you want to include in your policy
- The size of your deductible
If you are bundling your car insurance with other policies like home insurance or renters insurance, you can often qualify for significant discounts. You may also be entitled to other money-saving incentives like a good driver discount or a good student discount.
Let a local independent insurance agent help you compare prices from multiple providers so that you can get all the coverage you need at the lowest available price.
What Does Mint Hill Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a mixture of required and optional coverage. As a resident of Mint Hill, you must carry a policy that meets or exceeds North Carolina’s minimum coverage requirements. You can expect your insurance provider to offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance (required): This covers other people’s injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include:
- Bodily-injury liability coverage of at least $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident; and
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $25,000 per accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (required): This can provide coverage if you are in a collision with an uninsured, under-insured, or hit and run driver. Your policy must include:
- Uninsured bodily-injury coverage of at least $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident; and
- Uninsured property damage coverage of at least $25,000 per accident.
- Collision and comprehensive insurance (partially optional): Both cover damage to your vehicle, regardless of fault. Though optional by law, these coverage types are often required by lenders until your car is paid in full and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Medical payments insurance (optional): This covers medical expenses for you and members of your household if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Roadside assistance and towing (optional): This covers any necessary assistance you may require if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (optional): This covers the cost of renting a replacement vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Talk to your insurance agent for help determining how much liability coverage you can reasonably afford and to discuss which coverage options are a good fit for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Mint Hill?
Driving without insurance is illegal in North Carolina. If caught, uninsured drivers can face the following:
- A conviction for a Class 3 misdemeanor
- A fine ranging from $50 to $150
- A suspension of their vehicle’s registration and plates for up to 30 days
- The requirement to pay a vehicle registration reinstatement fee of $50
- Probation for up to 45 days
- The suspension of their driver’s license for up to one year if involved in a collision while driving without insurance
Despite it being illegal, more than one in twenty drivers in this state is operating an uninsured vehicle.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
- Percentage of North Carolina drivers who are uninsured: 6.5%
Because North Carolina requires to you carry uninsured motorist insurance, you can rest assured that if one of these uninsured drivers is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, you will receive the compensation you are due without needing to go through expensive lawyers or time-consuming lawsuits.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Mint Hill?
The auto theft rate in North Carolina is lower than the national average, and in Mint Hill the risk is even lower. Residents of this city report fewer than 30 auto thefts in a typical year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- North Carolina auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.70
- Mint Hill auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.99
While the risk is low, you should be aware that you can only be reimbursed for a stolen vehicle if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. This can also cover a wide range of other damaging hazards such as floods, falling objects, and windstorms.
If you are still paying for your car or if you are leasing it, you probably already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to your insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add this “other than collision” coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Mint Hill, NC?
Independent agents can be very helpful when you are looking for the best and most affordable car insurance policy. These local insurance professionals can explain your many coverage options, answer your insurance-related questions, and provide you with quotes from multiple providers.
Discover the many benefits of working with an independent agent. Contact an insurance agent with an office near you to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.