Cincinnati was once one of the largest cities in the U.S. and was the first major American city founded after the American Revolution. Today, Cincinnati is the third-largest city in Ohio and has the fastest growing economy in the Midwest. No matter where you live or work in Cincinnati, you need car insurance to protect you as you travel throughout the city. With the help of a friendly local Independent Insurance Agent, you can find quality, affordable coverage that protects your family and doesn’t break the bank.
How much does Cincinnati car insurance cost?
Car coverage should be completely personalized, and no matter where you live, you shouldn’t overpay. If you think your Cincinnati car insurance is too expensive, consider shopping around. When you get a quote, your rates should take into account the following:
- The age, make and model of your car
- Your average annual mileage
With the help of an agent, you can review quotes from multiple insurance companies and choose the one that offers the best coverage at the best price. After weighing out your options, the average cost of Cincinnati car Insurance is $136 Per Month.
What does Cincinnati car insurance actually do for me?
Your Ohio minimum coverage limits can help you pay for medical bills or car repairs if you cause an accident. But the minimum coverage probably won’t fully cover you after a serious accident. Here are just a few of the ways a Cincinnati car insurance policy can help you after a crash.
- Fix Your Car - We officially call this "Comprehensive & Collision Coverage." Nothing required.
- Fix Someone Else's Car - We officially call this "Property Damage Liability." Required min. $25,000.
- Pay Your Medical Bills - We officially call this "Personal Injury Protection" or "PIP." Nothing required.
- Pay Someone Else's Medical Bills - We officially call this "Bodily Injury Liability." Required min. $25,000 per person or $50,000 per accident.
Who pays if the accident wasn't my fault?
The driver who caused the accident, of course. When at-fault drivers don't have the insurance to pay for an accident they are involved in, all the damage and medical bills fall on you. This could add up to a lot more than you can afford and put you in financial devastation. This is where uninsured motorist coverage comes in. This type of insurance will take care of all the costs if you are involved in an accident with a driver that doesn't have an insurance policy. 13.5% of Ohio drivers are uninsured. In some states, this is required coverage, but not in Ohio.
What Affects the Cost of Cincinnati Auto Insurance?
The car insurance payment you might expect to pay is based on several of your personal characteristics, including the following and more.
- your age
- your gender
- your ZIP code
- your driving history
- the kind of car you drive
- the number of cars and drivers in your household
The type of car you drive is one of the most important factors. Insurance companies want to know if you are driving a “risky” vehicle, such as a muscle car or an expensive luxury vehicle. If you drive a vehicle that is more likely to be in a crash or is more expensive to repair or replace, you will pay more for car insurance. If you really want to keep your Cincinnati car insurance rates low, consider driving a safe family car or an older, inexpensive vehicle.
Here are some city factors that will affect your rate:
Commute time: Simply put, the more time you spend on the road, the more likely it is that you'll be in an accident.
Commute times in Cincinnati are close to the national average and so have little impact on car insurance rates.
- National Average: 25.4 minutes
- Cincinnati Average: 22 Minutes
Theft in your city: Cincinnati has a higher auto-theft rate than the overall U.S. average.
If your car is stolen, your Cincinnati auto insurance policy can help you get the help and reimbursement you need to get back on the road quickly. And remember to always take precautions to protect your car from theft, even in the safest cities.
- Never leave your vehicle running while unattended.
- Never leave your keys in your car.
- Never leave valuables visible in your car.
- Always park in busy, well-lit areas.
- Always lock your car, even at home.
If your car is stolen, be sure to report it to the police and your insurance agent right away.
- Auto Theft Rate in U.S. (per 1,000 vehicles): 2.94
- Auto Theft Rate in Cincinnati (per 1,000 vehicles): 3.89
How to Find Affordable Auto Insurance in Cincinnati
Local independent agents take pride in offering high-quality car insurance to Cincinnati residents. Our agents can work with multiple insurance companies so you can choose the option that best works for you and your family. Your affordable Cincinnati car insurance policy is just a few clicks away.