Idaho is currently the second-cheapest state for car insurance rates in the nation. With more affordable and accessible coverage, there's no reason every driver on the road can't be equipped with the proper protection. Car insurance can help reimburse for many disasters, including collisions, lawsuits, and more.
An independent insurance agent in Boise, ID can help you find the best car insurance at a competitive rate. They'll get you covered before you hit the road. But before we jump too far ahead, here's a behind-the-scenes look at car insurance in Boise, ID.
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Boise, ID?
When assembling a car insurance policy, you must consider which coverages best meet your unique needs. For many drivers, these include:
- Collision coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled by a non-collision event such as a hailstorm or theft.
- Liability coverage: This covers lawsuit costs if you cause bodily injury or property damage to a third party with your vehicle.
- Personal injury protection: This reimburses for injuries to you or your passengers in an accident that you cause.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This covers costs if you get into a collision with another driver who doesn't carry enough car insurance and is at fault for the incident.
Working with an independent insurance agent in Boise is a great way to build the right car insurance policy for you. They know which local carriers to recommend based on coverage quality and rates.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Boise, ID?
The cost of car insurance in Idaho is much cheaper than the current national average of $1,311 per year. Drivers in Idaho pay only about $877 annually for car insurance, meaning there are plenty of affordable options in Boise. Thanks to Idaho ranking second-lowest for car insurance rates in the US, it's easier than ever for Boise drivers to get equipped with the coverage they need to feel protected.
Is Car Insurance Required in Boise, ID?
Idaho's minimum state car insurance requirements only include liability protection. Drivers in Boise must carry, at minimum:
- Property damage liability: This reimburses for incidents of causing third-party property damage with your vehicle. Drivers in Boise are required to carry at least $15,000 of this coverage per incident.
- Bodily injury liability: This reimburses for the treatment of injuries you cause others with your vehicle. Drivers in Boise are required to carry at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident of this coverage.
Just because your area doesn't require more types of car insurance by law doesn't mean they wouldn't benefit you personally. Ask your Boise, ID independent insurance agent for pointers on which types of car insurance are most important to add to your policy.
What Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in Boise, ID?
Check out our list of just a few top car insurance company picks in Boise, ID to save some time on your coverage hunting journey.
|Best Car Insurance Companies in Boise, ID||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Boise, ID?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all car insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid car insurance package that's custom-built for you and other drivers in your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best car insurance companies in Idaho to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.