Accidents can happen to anyone. That is why vehicle owners in Angola are required to carry car insurance. From fender benders on Maumee Street to multicar collisions on I-69, a solid auto insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses as the result of an accident.
Finding the best and most affordable auto policy is easy when you work with an independent agent. These local professionals can help you obtain and compare customized car insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. Contact an insurance agent in or near Angola to get started.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Angola, IN?
The average cost of car insurance in Indiana is lower than the national average. This is great news for Angola residents who are looking for an affordable policy. Comparing rates from a variety of insurance companies enables you to get your car insurance coverage at the lowest possible price.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Indiana average annual car insurance cost: $1,033
Average costs can only give you a general idea of what you might actually be expected to pay. Car insurance rates can vary significantly from one driver to the next because they are based on several factors. Your costs can be affected by things like the following.
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, and driving record
- Information about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
- The size of your deductible
You can usually qualify for rate reductions if you bundle your car insurance with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance. Many insurance companies also offer other money saving benefits like good student discounts and safe driver discounts.
Contact an independent agent in Angola to learn more about these and other potential discounts and to start reviewing customized quotes from a variety of highly rated insurers.
What Are the Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Angola, IN?
In Indiana, all car insurance policies must include the following.
- Liability insurance: This is designed to cover other people’s medical bills and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must meet or exceed the following.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability insurance: $25,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist insurance*: This is designed to cover your medical bills and damage if you are in an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your policy must meet or exceed the following.
- Uninsured/Underinsured bodily injury insurance: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Uninsured property damage insurance: $25,000 per accident
Many Angola drivers opt to purchase car insurance that has higher-than-required liability limits. If you have a lot to lose, you may also want to consider purchasing umbrella insurance. This is an affordable way to significantly boost your liability coverage.
* In Indiana, the requirement to carry uninsured motorist insurance can be waived if you opt out in writing.
What Else Can Angola Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the mandatory coverage mentioned above, your car insurance provider will also offer optional coverage that you may want to include in your Angola auto insurance policy. These options include the following.
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if is it damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or totaled due to a non-collision event like a hailstorm or a flood.
- Medical payments insurance: This covers medical treatments for you and your passengers if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Roadside assistance and towing: This covers the costs of assistance if your car becomes disabled while you are away from home, such as if you run out of gas or get a flat tire.
- Gap insurance: This covers the gap between what your car is worth and what you currently owe for the vehicle if it is totaled. New cars depreciate quickly, so this coverage is important during the first few years of new-car ownership.
- Rental car reimbursement: This covers the cost to rent a vehicle while your own car is being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your local insurance agent for help determining which, if any, of these coverage options is a good fit for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Angola?
Driving without insurance in Indiana is illegal. If caught, you can face fines of $250 to $1,000, the suspension of your driver’s license for 90 days to one year, reinstatement fees, and an increase in your car insurance rates. Despite this, approximately one in six drivers in this state is operating an uninsured vehicle.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13.0%
- Percentage of Indiana drivers who are uninsured: 16.7%
So long as you have not opted out of the requirement to carry uninsured motorist insurance, you will have immediate access to the coverage you need if you are injured or suffer property damage in a collision caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
This saves you from needing to go through legal channels in an attempt to collect what is owed to you. After compensating you, your insurance company will take on the responsibility of trying to collect the money owed from the at-fault driver and will absorb the losses if unsuccessful.
Does Angola Car Insurance Cover against Auto Theft?
The auto theft rate in the state of Indiana is the same as the national rate, but in Angola, the risk is much lower. There are approximately five auto thefts reported per year in this city.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Indiana auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Angola auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.58
Be aware that you can only get compensation for a stolen vehicle if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
If you are still paying for your vehicle or you are leasing it, chances are good you have this insurance already. If not, talk to an independent insurance agent to find out how much it will cost you to add comprehensive coverage to your Angola car insurance policy.
Why Ask an Independent Insurance Agent in Angola to Help You?
You can turn to a local independent agent for help when you are looking for the best auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. These agents work for you, not for a particular insurance company, so they can shop around to find you the coverage you want at a price you can afford.
Contact an insurance agent in or near Angola to get answers to your insurance-related questions and to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.