As one of Louisiana’s biggest national historic districts, Gretna is full of culture and history. Situated just across the Mississippi River from New Orleans, this city thrives on tourism. If you're one of the 17,935 residents that live here, having a high-quality car insurance policy is a smart investment.
An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and price. Connect with a local agent to get started.
Car Insurance Requirements in Gretna, LA
As a driver in Gretna, you’re required to have a minimum amount of car insurance. This will help pay for the medical bills, property damage, and other expenses caused by an accident you’re at-fault for.
- Bodily Injury: $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
You may want to consider carrying more coverage in case of a serious accident. Once your policy limits are maxed out, you’ll be personally responsible for paying the bill. So, higher limits can help protect your personal assets if a serious crash happens.
This liability coverage will not apply to your own injuries or vehicle damage. To protect yourself you can add on a personal injury protection policy. This will help pay for your medical expenses and help repair your vehicle. Connect with an independent agent to learn about your options.
Uninsured Drivers in Gretna, LA
If you get into an accident with a driver who is uninsured, it may take a long time to get reimbursed for the damage. Purchasing uninsured motorist coverage will help get you back on the road quickly.
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Louisiana percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
This policy will pay for your medical bills and property damage expenses if the at-fault driver does not carry enough liability insurance. Let an independent agent help you find coverage that fits your budget.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Vehicle Thefts in Gretna, LA
The rate of crime in Gretna will impact your car insurance quote. Here are the theft rates per 100,000 vehicles.
- National vehicle theft rate: 228.9
- Louisiana vehicle theft rate: 247.6
- Gretna, LA, vehicle theft rate: 178.1
Even with a low crime rate in Gretna, it’s a good idea to be prepared if it does happen. The only way you’ll be reimbursed for your stolen vehicle and damaged belongings is through a comprehensive car insurance policy. This coverage will help replace and repair any items stolen and any damage caused like a broken window or damaged locks.
Additional Car Insurance Options in Gretna, LA
Purchasing additional car insurance will help keep you covered where your standard car insurance may not.
- Collision coverage: This will pay to repair or replace damaged vehicles if you collide with another object, including vehicles, curbs, or trees.
- Roadside assistance: This will pay for lock-out service, flat-tire changes, or a towing service if your car breaks down on the side of the road.
- Rideshare coverage: This will extend your auto insurance to cover you when you’re logged into a ridesharing app.
- Rental car reimbursement: If your car is in a covered accident, this will pay for you to have a rental car while your vehicle is in the body shop.
Each insurance company offers its own optional car insurance policies. An independent agent can look into the best add-ons with the best price for you. Enlist an agent to help you find affordable coverage.
Car Insurance Rates in Gretna, LA
There are multiple factors that the carriers use when setting the premium for your car insurance. Companies use your personal data and history to determine your specific pricing, such as:
- Your credit score
- Your claims history
- Year, make, model and value of the vehicle
- The amount of coverage you select
- Local crime rates
- Car discounts you qualify for
It’s always a smart idea to shop around before you purchase your car insurance. An independent agent can help you do this. They’ll comparison shop for you, so you’ll get the coverage you want at a price the fits your budget.
Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Gretna, LA
When you work with a Gretna independent insurance agent, you’ll get the coverage and price you want. They’ll make insurance shopping simple by comparing coverage options from numerous carriers, so you get a good deal. Connect with an agent to get your policy started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.