Called The Modern Frontier, Oklahoma City is home to more than 1,356,445 residents. With its diverse culture, cuisine, and outdoor activities, this city brings in more than 7.5 million tourists every year. This means a lot of drivers on the roads, especially out-of-town drivers. It’s simple to keep yourself safe in case of a collision with an Oklahoma City car insurance policy.
An independent insurance agent can assess the unique risks you face as an Oklahoma City driver. You’ll tell them what your looking for, and they’ll comparison shop for you to find the most affordable policy. If you’re ready, chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
How Much Is Car Insurance Going to Cost You in Oklahoma City, OK?
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Oklahoma average cost per year: $1,542
- Oklahoma City average cost per year: $1,647
The actual cost of your premium will be based on specific factors about you. The insurance companies will look at your driving record, the type of car you have, where you park the car, and your age.
Shopping around is a smart idea to make sure you get the most affordable price. An independent insurance agent will do this for you. You’ll tell them what you’re looking for and they’ll do the rest for you, including looking at car insurance discounts. This will help make your rate even more affordable.
- Safety discounts: If your insurance carrier believes that you are less likely to get into an accident, like if you have a good driving record, you may be eligible this discount.
- Bundling discounts: If you buy multiple types of insurance through the same carrier, you may get a deal. This also works if you insure multiple cars on the same policy.
- Loyalty discounts: If you stay with an insurance company for a long time (depending on the carrier).
Oklahoma Is a “Fault” Car Accident State
If you’re at fault for an accident, you’re also liable for any resulting harm. So when it comes to financial responsibility for losses from injuries, lost income, and vehicle damage, they become your financial burden. If you are at fault, most likely your insurance policy will cover these losses with the right coverage.
How Much Coverage Do You Need in Oklahoma City, OK?
This is the most important question to ask yourself when you purchase car insurance. You’ll want to think about how high your deductible should be, and liability limits. First, the minimum amount of liability coverage you need in Oklahoma City is:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death liability
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
This will cover the costs of passengers and drivers who are injured in the accident. However, it is important to remember that once your policy limits are reached, you’ll be responsible for any additional expenses. So it’s a good idea to think about purchasing additional coverage, such as:
- Collision coverage: This will pay for the repair or replacement of your vehicle if you are in a crash. This policy covers damage in a car accident, whether or not it was your fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This is one of the most popular add-ons to a policy. This insurance covers everything that isn’t covered by collision or liability insurance. Comprehensive coverage will protect against theft, flooding, or flying debris.
- Roadside assistance coverage: This is usually just a few extra dollars a month, and guarantees that if you need a tow, or a battery jump, you’re covered. This will also cover gas delivery and locksmith services.
What about Uninsured Motorists in Oklahoma City, OK?
- National percentage of uninsured motorists: 13%
- Oklahoma percentage of uninsured motorists: 23.9%
Oklahoma is rated as one of the top states in the nation with the highest uninsured motorist rates. It’s a smart investment to purchased uninsured motorist coverage. This will compensate you for any unpaid repairs or medical bills. However, this will not remove any financial responsibility from the uninsured driver, it’ll just make sure you are covered.
Vehicle Theft Statistics in Oklahoma City, OK
- National theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Oklahoma City theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 5.61
1 in 25 residents in Oklahoma City may become a victim of a property crime. With such a high statistic, it is a good idea to invest in a comprehensive car insurance policy. This will protect you against vehicle theft, broken windows, and stolen personal possessions. With this policy, you can quickly get assistance and payment so you can go back to your normal life.
How Can You Find Car Insurance in Oklahoma City, OK?
An Oklahoma City independent agent can compare multiple policies and quotes from numerous insurance companies for you. They’ll find coverage within your needs and budget to find the one you want. When you’re ready, chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.