The Buick Regal has a long list of standard safety features and is decked out with the latest technology. It has a long history of being a safe and reliable vehicle that is packed with luxury but still very affordable.
The Regal is also affordable when it comes to insurance. Thanks to its high safety ratings, you can insure the Regal for about $2,016 a year compared to the national average of $1,251.
If you are shopping for Buick Regal insurance, you are in the right place. An independent agent will work tirelessly to find the perfect policy to protect your Regal without breaking the bank.
How Much Does Buick Regal Insurance Cost?
As a midsize family sedan, the Regal falls somewhere in the middle when it comes to insurance costs. While certainly not a sports car, it’s bigger than a subcompact, which will push up insurance costs slightly.
When it comes to car insurance, there are many factors that you have control over, but there are other factors that you cannot control, such as uninsured drivers. Statistics show that about 12.6% of drivers are uninsured.
This pushes up the cost of insurance for everyone. Insurers have to cover the cost of claims that involve uninsured drivers, and they pass those costs on to insured drivers via higher premiums.
One of the best ways to lower the cost of insuring your Regal is to shop your coverage on a regular basis. A Trusted Choice independent agent can find multiple quotes on Buick Regal insurance to make sure you have the best coverage at an affordable price.
Another great way to lower your premium is through discounts. Every insurance company offers discounts, and you should take advantage of every discount you are qualified to receive. Common discounts may include:
- Bundling: If you buy your homeowners or renters insurance from the same insurer that provides your car insurance, they should offer a discount. A bundling discount can be significant, up to 25%.
- Paperless Policy: Asking your insurer to send your policy and bills via email rather than sending them through the mail will result in a small discount. While it's not much, they all add up.
- Low Mileage: If you don’t drive your vehicle that often, you may be eligible for a low mileage discount. Mileage requirements vary by insurer so check with your insurance company for details.
While discounts are a great way to lower your premium, controlling other factors can also bring down the cost of your Buick Regal car insurance:
- Credit Rating: Insurers weigh your credit rating heavily when setting premiums, so a poor rating will dramatically impact your rate. Statistics show that drivers with low credit scores file more claims than those with higher scores. Do your best to raise your rate and keep an eye on your score. Once your credit score goes up, shop your coverage for a lower rate.
- Driving Record: Your driving record will absolutely impact your premium, so keep your record clean. Avoid tickets and accidents if you want the best rates for car insurance.
- Claim Record: Your claim record is another major factor when it comes to insurance rates. Numerous small claims will have a bigger impact than one large claim, so save your coverage for big events and pay small damages out of pocket.
What Influences Insurance Costs for Midsize Sedans?
The Buick Regal occupies the middle ground when it comes to insurance costs. While bigger and more luxurious than a compact, it is considered a family vehicle, which helps keep insurance costs reasonable. Here are a couple of factors that insurers consider when setting a premium:
- Safety Features: Vehicles that are loaded with safety features are always cheaper to insure. High-tech safety features can minimize the damage caused by an accident. In some cases, they can even prevent the accident from happening in the first place.
- Family Vehicles: The Regal is considered a family sedan. Cars that are mainly piloted by drivers with families tend to cost less to insure. Drivers with kids in the car are usually more cautious behind the wheel, leading to lower insurance rates.
Buick Regal Auto Theft and Safety Ratings
Theft rates have a big impact on car insurance premiums. Vehicles with few thefts cost less to insure than cars that are frequently stolen, because every time a car is stolen, an insurer has to pay out a claim.
It’s important to remember that comprehensive coverage is necessary if you want your vehicle replaced if it is stolen. Comprehensive covers theft as well as damage caused by storms, vandalism and falling objects.
Damage caused an animal is also covered. If you are unsure if you need comprehensive insurance or would like to add this coverage to your policy, a Trusted Choice agent will gladly walk you through the benefits of comprehensive insurance and shop around to find a great policy for your Regal.
Safety ratings also have an impact on your car insurance costs. Luckily, the Regal gets pretty good ratings in all tested categories. The Regal did manage the highest rating of “Good” in the majority of categories according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side impact: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
- Small overlap front: No Rating
The Regal hasn't always been so safe. Model years 2004 to 2011 only managed an “Acceptable” rating in the moderate overlap front category and a “Poor” rating for head restraints and seats, so if you are considering an older model Regal, be aware of the safety ratings.
Insurers offer lower insurance rates to drivers of safe vehicles due to:
- Minimize or Prevent Damages: Vehicles that have high safety ratings will protect the occupants in the event of a crash, which results in fewer claims and lower claim costs. Advanced safety features such as autonomous braking can even prevent accidents before they happen.
- Safer Drivers: Insurers love statistics, and they show that drivers who purchase vehicles that score well on safety ratings tend to get in fewer accidents.
Costs of Buick Regal Repairs
How much it costs to repair a vehicle will also impact the cost of car insurance. When it comes to repair costs, the Regal comes in at about average. As an example, a front bumper repair or replacement costs $664 on the Regal, while the national average for this repair comes in at $675.
Modern vehicles have bumpers that are full of sensors for airbags and other safety equipment, which makes repairing or replacing a bumper very expensive.
When it comes repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident, you will need collision insurance. This coverage will pay out to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident.
There is a deductible with collision insurance that you must cover before the policy will kick in to cover the balance. Always pay for small damages out of pocket and save your insurance for major accidents. Claims on your policy will dramatically raise your rates.
Where to Find Car Insurance for Buick Regal
If you are the proud owner of a Buick Regal or are thinking about putting one in the garage, an independent agent can help you protect it with the perfect car insurance policy.
Our agents will search dozens of insurers to find a policy that offers the coverages you need at a price you can afford. A Trusted Choice agent will also make sure that you get all of the discounts you qualify for.
Contact an agent today to start your Buick Regal insurance quote.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.