Owned by the Volkswagen Group, Bentley provides its drivers with flashy performance and a posh interior. The nicest cars in the world come with an appropriately high price tag. As a Bentley owner, you'll need to take great care to insure yourself against losses by getting the best possible car insurance.
The ultra-luxurious Bentley provides more than just a comfortable ride and an air of sophistication. This British brand offers a full lineup of SUVs, sedans, coupes, and convertibles. Make finding an independent insurance agent part of the process of choosing your ideal Bentley.
Not sure where to look?
To use a tool that will find you the best insurance solution in your area, click here find-an-agent tool to get matched with a local independent insurance agent who will help you find the ideal coverage for your Bentley.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Bentley?
You have several options when it comes to buying car insurance. Some are required by the state where you live and others are optional. Of course, insuring a Bentley involves much more than buying the bare minimum amount of coverage.
Protecting this type of vehicle may require the additional coverage provided by an umbrella policy. Your agent can help you understand how this type of insurance could help fill in any gaps left by your regular car insurance.
Most states have laws requiring the following coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: With bodily injury liability, you'll have coverage that matches the policy's value if you are in an accident that injures or kills another person.
- Property damage liability: If you or someone driving your Bentley damages someone else's property or their vehicle, property damage liability provides them with reimbursement for those damages.
Many states also require this coverage:
- Medical payments/personal injury protection (PIP): This reimburses you and your passengers for lost wages and medical expenses that are a result of injuries from an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage: You don't have control over the insurance coverages carried by other motorists on the road. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage will help protect your financial interests if a driver without adequate insurance causes an accident.
- Collision coverage: This provides funds to repair or replace your Bentley if there's an accident and you are at fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: Many incidents other than collisions can cause damage to your vehicle. Theft, natural disasters, storms, and other mishaps are all possibilities. Comprehensive insurance protects you against these types of losses.
- Glass coverage: Replacing the windshield or other broken glass in your Bentley will set you back thousands of dollars. With glass coverage, those costs could be 100% covered. Your agent can help you understand how glass coverage works.
- Gap insurance: If you have a loan or lease on your Bentley, gap insurance helps cover the difference between the amount you owe and the amount the insurance company pays if your Bentley is a total loss.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Bentley?
Car insurance is based largely on the retail price of the vehicle. If you have to make a claim, it will cost the insurance company a lot more to repair your Bentley than it would if you drove a Ford Fusion. If you are fortunate enough to own a Bentley, you should expect car insurance rates comparable to Rolls-Royce insurance.
The Safety of Your Bentley
With most cars on the road, safety ratings heavily influence insurance rates. With a Bentley, the criteria differ because of its price tag. For high-value vehicles, advanced safety features are expected by drivers. The insurance company is more focused on the costs associated with repairing the car.
2020 Bentley models come well-equipped with the latest safety and crash-avoidance technology. The 2020 Bentley Flying Spur offers standard forward collision warning, city automatic emergency braking, automatic emergency braking, blind spot warning, and rear cross traffic warning.
How Location Affects Your Bentley
Where you live has a lot to do with how much you pay for car insurance. Living in a congested area of the country means you are statistically more likely to be in an accident. Some states have higher insurance rates overall, as well.
|States where yearly average car insurance rates are the highest:|
|States where yearly average car insurance rates are the lowest:|
Average Cost to Insure a Bentley
Your insurance premiums for a Bentley will vary depending on the coverage amounts you choose. Not all insurance companies will insure a Bentley. The good news is that if you are in your 40s, have a good driving record, and can afford to drive a Bentley, paying an average of $270 per month for proper insurance coverage may come as a welcome surprise. Younger drivers and those with a more colorful driving history could pay over $20,000 per year to insure a Bentley.
Your insurance rates also depend on the Bentley model you choose. More expensive vehicles have higher rates.
|Model||Monthly insurance premium||Base retail price|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Bentley
When choosing an insurance company, it's crucial to compare a number of options. You'll need a company that offers top-notch service, and has a reputation for being trustworthy and responsive.
The U.S. Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave these companies excellent ratings:
Your agent may also suggest that you extend your search for an insurance company to those that specialize in luxury vehicle protection, like Chubb or PURE.
Get a Bentley Car Insurance Quote
Reach out to an independent insurance agent today to get a quote for insurance on your Bentley. Whether you are in the decision-making phase or you already own a Bentley, it's important to carefully review your insurance options. An independent insurance agent has the ability to shop dozens of insurance companies, ultimately providing you with the best value from an insurance company you can trust.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Greg Safford
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.