Jaguar has certainly built a reputation in its 81-year history, and Jaguar models are still luxurious, celebrated vehicles. They are sleek, elegant, and powerful, with a personality that inspires those who drive them. Nearly 600,000 people in the United States live in a household where someone owns or leases a Jaguar.
The expense and speed of a Jaguar can mean much higher car insurance costs. For those who wish to buy a Jaguar or already possess one, insurance can be a big part of owning this car. Many people are still searching for a way to obtain the best coverage for their Jaguar at the right cost.
This independent agent matching tool will find you the best insurance solution in your area. Enter what you're looking for and it'll recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will only be sent to the agent you pick.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Jaguar?
Luxury vehicles like the Jaguar require an insurance policy that can cover any potential risks or incidents you'll encounter. Because of the higher price point, more costly repairs, and increased risk of theft, you'll want to make sure your insurance policy is specifically built to cover your needs.
Most states have laws requiring the following coverage
- Bodily injury liability: If you're in an accident in your Jaguar that injures or kills another person, their medical bills and any lost wages will be covered up to your policy limits. Even though states have a required minimum amount of coverage, if you'll be driving your Jaguar frequently, your insurance agent may recommend a higher amount.
- Property damage liability: If you're in an accident in your Jaguar that results in damage to someone else's property like vehicles, buildings, homes, structures, and similar properties, property damage liability will pay for the damage and repairs. Similar to bodily injury coverage, your state will have a minimum required amount, but an agent may recommend you increase your policy limits.
Many states also require this coverage
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection (PIP): If you live in a no-fault state, you'll be required to add personal injury protection or PIP insurance to your line-up of coverage. PIP insurance steps in if you or a passenger suffers injuries from an accident, no matter who is at fault. It covers some medical costs and lost wages. In all other states, similar insurance is available to add to your policy, but it is referred to as medical payments coverage.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage: The stress and inconvenience of getting in an accident is enhanced when that accident is with an uninsured or underinsured motorist. Having coverage for these incidents means you won't be left paying for any damage to your vehicle and yourself out of pocket.
- Collision coverage: It's likely that an accident will result in damage to your vehicle. If you're at fault this means you're responsible for the necessary repairs to your Jaguar. Collision insurance will help pay for these repairs or even replacement of your vehicle if necessary.
- Comprehensive insurance: Incidents like natural disasters, theft, storms, and other mishaps can cause damage to your Jaguar. Comprehensive insurance protects you against these types of losses.
- Glass coverage: Windshield cracks, rock chips, and glass replacement can add up on your Jaguar. Glass coverage is a low-cost solution that will cover any glass repair or fix with no deductible.
- Gap insurance: If you owe more for your Jaguar than it's worth, then you may want to consider purchasing gap insurance. Gap insurance covers the difference between the amount you owe on your Jaguar and the amount the insurance company pays you if you're in an accident that's deemed a total loss.
Average Cost to Insure a Jaguar
The Jaguar is a luxury vehicle, so car insurance premiums are going to be higher than for a non-luxury vehicle. Small, fast cars often incur more costs for insurance because of their safety ratings. In accidents with larger vehicles, smaller cars usually get the worst of it.
Faster cars incur more insurance costs because they are at greater risk for speed-related accidents and traffic citations. The Jaguar XF Roadster fits into both of these categories, and insurance costs reflect that.
High-end cars can be financially risky to insure, so premiums are higher. Engine size, speed, transmission, and other factors influence insurance premiums on vehicles like Jaguars. The average cost to insure your Jaguar per year sits around $2,030.
High-risk and teen drivers will pay significantly more. The average teen driver will pay $7,166 a year to insure a Jaguar and high-risk drivers will pay $4,414. If you have a clean record and are able to take advantage of discount options, you could pay as little as $1,120.
Your insurance rates also depend on the Jaguar model you choose. More expensive vehicles have higher rates.
|Vehicle Model||Annual Premium|
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Jaguar?
Annual mileage: If you plan on using your Jaguar as your everyday car, you'll be putting more miles behind the wheel. The more often you drive, the greater risk you are for filing a claim with your insurance company.
Driving record: Even though the Jaguar can go faster than your average vehicle, you'll want to avoid speeding tickets and other traffic violations if you're looking to keep your insurance cost affordable.
The value of your car: The Jaguar is an expensive vehicle. This means your insurance is responsible for replacing your vehicle and paying for repairs in the event of an accident. For this reason purchasing an older model could bring your car insurance costs down a small amount.
|Jaguar F-Type model year||Cost|
|2021||$61,600 - $105,900|
|2020||$54,225 - $107,325|
|2019||$45,550 - $94,825|
|2018||$37,675 - $82,900|
|Jaguar F-Pace model year||Cost|
|2021||$45,200 - $80,600|
|2020||$37,875 - $73,225|
|2019||$31,925 - $65,975|
|2018||$28,000 - $40,850|
|Jaguar XF model year||Cost|
|2021||$51,100 - $71,800|
|2020||$34,925 - $51,575|
|2019||$30,875 - $51,425|
|2018||$23,425 - $43,500|
The safety of your Jaguar
Jaguar is classy, pricey, and fancy, all rolled into one neat automobile bundle. The luxury of Jaguar is evidenced by models with rear seat entertainment systems, touch screen infotainment in the front seat, comfortable leather seats, and much more.
The Jaguar XE features all-surface progress control, intelligent driveline dynamics, and all-wheel drive. The Jaguar XF utilizes a lightweight aluminum frame that improves handling on corners and overall handling.
The XF also features electric power steering, adaptive dynamics, and instinctive all-wheel drive. All Jaguar models come with customizable features, including the F-type. Carbon fiber additions, interior pushbutton preferences, and exterior designs can all be modified to fit the driver’s standards.
Jaguars have specific safety features that include driver-assist technology, adaptive front lights, parking aids, airbags, and additional brake force. These features all help keep drivers and their cars safe while they’re on the road. These features can also help owners with the overall costs of their Jaguar insurance.
How Location Affects Your Jaguar
Where you live has a lot to do with how much you pay for car insurance. Living in a congested area of the country means you are statistically more likely to be in an accident. Some states have higher insurance rates overall as well.
|Most affordable states for Jaguar insurance|
|Most expensive states for Jaguar insurance|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Jaguar
When choosing an insurance company, it's crucial to compare a number of options. You'll need a company that offers top-notch service, and has a reputation for being trustworthy and responsive.
The US Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave these companies excellent ratings:
Your agent may also suggest that you extend your search for an insurance company to those that specialize in luxury vehicle protection, like Chubb or PURE.
How to Get Jaguar Insurance Quotes
Luxury comes at a price, but Jaguar owners shouldn’t have to compromise safety and security. Jaguar insurance can be difficult to sort through, but with the help of a professional independent insurance agent, you can find the right policy for your vehicle.
Just as your Jaguar has been personalized, your Jaguar insurance can be as well. Contact an independent agent today to find out more about your insurance possibilities.