Just saying the name Maserati conjures images of super-fast, exotic Italian sports cars and ultimate luxury sedans. A Maserati represents an extremely sizable investment, so you want to know how to ensure your vehicle well. Knowing the answers to some of your questions about the vehicle will help you determine the best level of car insurance for your particular vehicle. If you already own one, it may help you decide if you're getting the best coverage.
An independent agent can help you find the best Maserati insurance policy for your unique risks. Local agents give personalized service and can recommend policies from a variety of insurance providers.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Maserati?
Drive down the highway and you won't see a flood of Maseratis. If you're lucky enough to be an owner of this luxury sports car, you'll want to make sure it's properly covered. Fortunately, you have a variety of coverages to choose from. Some coverages are state-mandated and others are recommended.
With Maserati's price point, you may need additional coverage provided by an umbrella policy. Your agent can help you understand how this type of insurance could help fill any gaps left by your regular car insurance.
Most states have laws requiring the following coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: If you like to drive your sports car fast, you're increasing your risks for causing an accident. If you do cause an accident, then bodily injury will pay for any physical harm you cause to someone else. This includes medical payments and even lost wages.
- Property damage liability: If you drive your Maserati into someone else's vehicle, house, or building, then your property damage liability policy will pay for repairs for covered incidents.
You'll notice that neither of these policies covers your injuries or the damage to your vehicle, we'll get to that coverage shortly.
Many states also require this coverage:
- Medical payments/personal injury protection (PIP): In some states, you can purchase personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payments coverage, which helps pay for personal medical bills that result from an accident. PIP insurance covers you, and any injured passengers in your vehicle. It will cover things like ambulances, doctor visits, medication, funeral expenses, and other related costs.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage: 13% of drivers operate a vehicle without insurance. This coverage protects you when another driver causes an accident and doesn’t have insurance or is underinsured.
- Collision coverage: With a price point averaging over $100,000, we're betting you don't want to get stuck paying for repairs to your Maserati out of pocket. Collision insurance will help you pay if you collide with other vehicles or objects like street posts or a parking meter.
- Comprehensive insurance: Many incidents other than collisions can cause damage to your vehicle. Theft, natural disasters, storms, and other mishaps are all possibilities. Comprehensive insurance protects you against these types of losses.
- Glass coverage: Replacing the windshield or other broken glass in your Maserati will cost you between $2,000 and $3,000. With glass coverage, those costs could be 100% covered.
- Gap insurance: It’s a good idea to carry gap insurance if you owe more on your car than it's worth. If you fail to carry gap coverage and your car is declared a total loss, you will still owe money on your Maserati.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Maserati?
The more often you drive, the greater risk you are for filing a claim with your insurance company.
Low insurance premiums and violation-free records go hand-in-hand. You're already considered a liability for insurance by driving a luxury sports car, adding violations to that will only raise your premiums.
The value of your car
If you have to make an insurance claim, it will cost the insurance company a lot more to repair your Maserati than it would if you drove a Honda. If you are fortunate enough to own a Maserati, you should expect higher than average car insurance rates.
|Average price of a Maserati by model|
|Maserati Ghibli||$72,190 - $109,890|
|Maserati Quattroporte||$102,190 - $142,390|
|Maserati Levante||$74,490 - $149,990|
The safety of your Maserati
Meant to provide ultimate comfort during the driving experience, the newest models include all of the modern features you'd expect in this class of car and in a vehicle constructed with the highest-quality materials and components. The Maserati Ghilbi is the only model that has been crash safety ranked by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, but it performed superior in the tests.
- Moderate overlap front - Good
- Side - Good
- Roof strength - Good
- Head restraint and seats - Good
How Location Affects Your Maserati Premiums
Where you live has a lot to do with how much you pay for car insurance. Living in a congested area of the country means you are statistically more likely to be in an accident. Some states have higher insurance rates overall as well. Typically, the states with the highest insurance rates include:
- Rhode Island
The most affordable states include:
- North Carolina
Average Cost to Insure a Ferrari
That cost of car insurance premiums can vary greatly depending on selected coverage, age, driving record, etc. While average insurance costs for a Maserati are not available, it's safe to assume it will run you anywhere between $2,000 to $4,000 compared to similar vehicles. Your insurance agent can help you get a variety of quotes on the best insurance rates available.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Ferrari
When choosing an insurance company, it's crucial to compare a number of options. You'll need a company that offers top-notch service, and has a reputation for being trustworthy and responsive.
The US Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave these companies excellent ratings:
Your agent may also suggest that you extend your search for an insurance company to those that specialize in luxury vehicle protection, like Chubb or PURE.
Making Certain to Have the Best Maserati Insurance
So how do you make sure you have the best insurance possible for your Maserati? Well, one of the perks of being able to afford such a vehicle is the power of comparison. It's always a good idea to try to comparison shop your insurance beforehand, particularly if you know the make and model of the vehicle you are going to purchase.
A great resource is a local agent. They will give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for your Maserati insurance. Contacting an independent agent is your best opportunity to obtain fast, accurate insurance quotes.
These agents have the tools and resources to allow you to shop and compare multiple coverage options.