As one of the larger midsized SUVs on the market, the Dodge Durango provides both capability and comfort. The Durango is an excellent choice for a dependable and practical family vehicle. If you own a Durango, it’s important to protect yourself from the risks you face on the road each day. An independent insurance agent has the expertise to help you find the appropriate car insurance you need for your SUV.
To use a tool that will find you the best insurance solution in your area, the find-an-agent tool will get you matched up with a local agent who is ready to help.
What Kind of Auto Insurance Do You Need for Your Dodge Durango?
Any number of misfortunes could hit you while driving, and you don’t want to be caught without the right insurance. Without proper coverage, you could see massive medical bills or car repair charges.
A wide variety of coverage options exist. Not all are mandatory, but it’s a good idea to weigh the risks and benefits with an agent before deciding what to choose.
Most states mandate the following car insurance coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: Despite being careful while driving, there’s a chance you could cause an accident. This coverage protects you against claims made for medical care and lost wages due to your negligence.
- Property damage liability: Reimburses others for damage you cause while driving your vehicle, such as a collision with their vehicle, tree, or fence.
Many states also require this coverage:
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: Reimburses you and all of your passengers for any sustained injuries and the loss of wages resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Around 13% of motorists drive uninsured, leaving you vulnerable to an accident that could take a huge financial toll. This coverage kicks in when the other driver fails to carry insurance. You can also purchase underinsured motorist coverage, which protects you from drivers who have lower limits of liability that don’t cover all the damage.
- Collision insurance: When you are at fault for damage to your vehicle in a collision with another car or object, this coverage will pay for sustained damage.
- Comprehensive coverage: Accidents other than collisions can also cause major headaches. What if a tree were to fall on your car? Or a storm caused body damage? Comprehensive insurance covers these types of situations.
- Glass coverage: Auto glass claims are some of the most common in the industry. Windshields are in a vulnerable position and prone to rock chips and cracks. Glass coverage can provide a full windshield replacement for a very low monthly premium.
- Gap insurance: Do you owe more on your Durango than it’s worth? If so, it's a good idea to consider gap insurance, which pays the difference between what you owe and what the vehicle is worth in the case of a total loss.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Dodge Durango?
The number of miles you drive your Durango each year
Your annual mileage plays a big part in determining your insurance premiums. If you have a long commute, you can expect higher rates.
Your driving record
Do you have any accidents or traffic violations on your record? Violations will adversely impact your insurance rates, so check with an independent agent about when those violations will no longer affect your premiums.
Your Durango’s value
|Average price of a 2017-2020 Dodge Durango|
|2017||$20,475 - $29,000|
|2018||$22,700 - $47,375|
|2019||$24,975 - $50,775|
|2020||$30,795 - $62,995|
Your Durango's safety
The safety rating of your vehicle is another factor insurance companies look at when determining your premiums.
The 2020 Dodge Durango received a 4 out of 5 star rating from the NHTSA for overall safety.
Where you live with a Durango
If you live in a big city, your odds of getting into an accident or dealing with issues like theft are higher. Your premiums will be more expensive in a bigger city than in a rural town.
Which States Are Most Affordable and Least Affordable for Durango Insurance?
Estimated car insurance premiums in the United States:
|Most expensive states:|
|Most affordable states:|
How Can You Save on Dodge Durango Insurance?
Fortunately, insurers offer plenty of options for discounts on your auto insurance, including:
- Good student discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Affinity discount
- Good driver discount
- Multi-line discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
Your independent insurance agent can advise you on ways you can save money on your premiums.
Top Car Insurance Companies That Insure the Dodge Durango
Not all insurance companies are alike. You want a company that's reliable, responsive, and devoted to its customers. The U.S. Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave the following companies high marks:
Your agent can help you choose a company that's the right fit for your needs.
Get a Dodge Durango Car Insurance Quote
There are plenty of perks to working with an independent insurance agent. Your agent has the ability to shop a wide variety of companies to get you the best rate. An independent agent works for you, so you can rest assured that your needs are taken care of. Let an independent insurance agent get you a car insurance quote today.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
iii.org, statista, jd power, consumer reports