Even the most experienced drivers can sometimes get into car accidents, especially in the winter. That is why vehicle owners in Centennial are required to carry car insurance. From collisions on the Centennial Highway to fender benders on Arapahoe Road, a reliable auto insurance policy can shield you from facing large accident-related expenses.
Independent insurance agents in Centennial make shopping for the best car insurance easy and stress-free. These agents can explain your various options and can provide you with a selection of customized auto insurance quotes so you can be sure you are getting a great policy at a competitive price. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Centennial, CO?
The average price for car insurance coverage in Colorado is higher than the national rate. However, in Centennial, the average cost runs lower. This is great news for area residents looking for affordable auto insurance coverage.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Colorado average annual car insurance cost: $1,558
- Centennial average annual car insurance cost: $1,046
Of course, car insurance rates can vary significantly from one driver to the next, so these figures only offer a ballpark idea of what your actual costs might be. Insurance companies will base your rates on a number of different factors such as:
- The make, model, year, and trim of the vehicles you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Information about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The approximate number of miles you drive each year
- How much coverage you are purchasing and the amount of your deductible
- The accident and auto theft rates in the vicinity of your home
You are likely to get much lower rates if you have a long, safe driving record. You can also get policy discounts if you bundle your coverage with another policy like homeowners insurance or renters insurance. Independent insurance agents can make sure that you get any discounts you are entitled to and that the policy you purchase is offered at a competitive price.
What Are Colorado’s Minimum Car Insurance Requirements?
If you are responsible for a car accident, you are required to cover the medical expenses and property damage losses you cause to others. Fortunately, liability insurance has you covered. In Colorado, your car insurance must include, at a minimum, the following:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $15,000 in property damage liability coverage per accident
If you cause an accident that results in serious injuries or significant property damage, your liability costs are likely to exceed what a minimum coverage policy will cover. In that case, you would be required to make up the difference out of pocket. That is why many people choose to purchase car insurance that has higher liability limits than the state requires.
If you want to have even more liability coverage than your Centennial car insurance policy will allow, you can also purchase umbrella insurance. This is an affordable way to significantly increase all of your liability coverage. Talk to your insurance agent to learn more about the benefits of umbrella insurance.
What Else Can Centennial Car insurance Cover?
In addition to the state requirements, you can purchase optional insurance coverage including:
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost to repair collision-related damage to your own vehicle, regardless of fault. This may be required by your lender if you are still paying for your car.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair non-collision damage to your own vehicle. This may be required by your lender if you are still paying for your car.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This covers medical treatment for injuries sustained in an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. This is particularly important in CO, where more than 15% of the drivers on the roads are uninsured.
- Medical payments insurance: Also referred to as personal injury protection, or PIP, this covers the treatment of injuries you or your passengers may sustain in a car accident for which you are responsible.
- Towing and roadside assistance insurance: This can pay for the costs associated with receiving assistance if your vehicle breaks down while you are out on the road.
- Rental car reimbursement insurance: This can pay for you to get a rental car while your car is in the garage being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your local insurance agent to learn more about your various coverage options and to find out how much each will cost to add to your policy.
Does Centennial Car Insurance Cover Auto Thefts?
The auto theft rate in Centennial is very low. Even so, there are about 100 vehicle thefts reported here every year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.28
- Colorado auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 3.80
- Centennial auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.95
It is important to be aware that your car insurance policy will not cover you against auto theft unless it includes comprehensive coverage. This “other than collision” coverage is not required by law, but it is required by most lenders until your auto loan is paid in full. Comprehensive insurance covers far more than just vehicle theft. It can also cover other non-collision damage, such as that caused by hazards like floods, fallen trees, garage fires, and vandalism. Talk to an independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to include this optional coverage in your auto insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Centennial, CO?
As a vehicle owner in Centennial, you can turn to a local independent insurance agent for help when you are looking for a car insurance policy that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. These agents are free to work with several different insurance companies so they can obtain a variety of customized car insurance quotes that you can review together.
Contact an independent insurance agent with an office in Centennial to get started with your search for the best car insurance coverage.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.