Hyundai Genesis Insurance
Everything you need to know, and more
With a unique following, attractive lines, V6 engine, and 348 horsepower, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe is an affordable alternative to much pricier sports cars. It can also be just as much fun to drive. If you are considering buying one, you’ll want to know more about it so you can choose the best auto insurance for your Hyundai Genesis Coupe. If you already own one, you’ll want to make sure you’ve got enough coverage or you’re not overpaying for what you already have.
This independent agent matching tool will find you the best insurance solution in your area. Enter what you're looking for and the tool will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will only be sent to the agent you pick
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Hyundai Genesis?
It's always best to know your options when it comes to auto insurance, but it becomes even more important when you're behind the wheel of a sports car. Sports cars sometimes require additional coverage that you may not need for a traditional sedan or SUV.
Most states mandate the following coverage
- Bodily injury liability: No one plans on getting in an accident, but accidents happen. If you cause injury to someone else, then bodily injury liability insurance can help pay for the medical bills and lost wages up to your policy limits. Every state requires bodily injury coverage except New Hampshire and Florida.
- Property damage liability: If you unexpectedly lose control of your car and it ends up through a fence, personal shed, or other owned property, the property damage liability pays for the damage to repair the structure or vehicle.
Many states require this coverage
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance is available in "no-fault" states. In other places, you can choose a medical payments policy. PIP or medical payments insurance pays for funeral costs, medical wages, and lost wages no matter who was at fault in the accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: It's all too common for drivers to be on the road without adequate coverage. Without uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, you could have to pay for damage that would otherwise be the responsibility of the other party's insurance company.
- Collision insurance: If you own your Hyundai Genesis without an outstanding loan or lease, collision insurance is optional. With this type of insurance, damage to your vehicle is covered if you get into an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: If your Genesis sustains damage from events like a hailstorm or a falling tree, comprehensive insurance will pay for the damage. Even though it's optional, sports cars usually cost more to repair than your average vehicle, so the coverage is worth looking into.
- Glass coverage: Choose glass coverage as an add-on to your car insurance policy and get your windshield repaired or replaced at no charge with a zero-deductible plan.
- Gap insurance: Even though it's a more affordable sports car, you still might find yourself owing more for your Hyundai Genesis than it's worth. Gap insurance helps pay off your loan or lease after an accident if the vehicle is a total loss.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Hyundai Genesis?
Like all auto insurance policies, your age, driving record, and location have a big impact on your premiums, as will the following.
- Market value: Generally speaking, the more expensive the vehicle, the more expensive your insurance premium will be.
- Repair cost: Since sports cars generally have more specialized components than other vehicles, the cost to replace or repair those components when they are damaged can be rather expensive. That pushes the cost of comprehensive and collision damage upward.
- Vehicle history with other drivers: Insurance companies consider the real-world performance of each model based on who typically drives that vehicle. This is the reason minivans are so cheap to insure. Most of the time, they are driven by responsible parents with small children in tow.
Though these factors play a role, this is not an exhaustive list by any means. Higher horsepower can also increase your premium. People who own more powerful cars typically drive at higher speeds and are more likely to be involved in accidents.
The type of transmission your vehicle has can be a contributor to higher premiums. Sports cars with manual transmissions are usually more expensive to insure because their drivers are usually more aggressive than other motorists.
Vehicle size and speed are also important. Sports cars are small and can go really fast, so the higher potential for an accident results in higher insurance premiums.
Average cost of a Hyundai Genesis insurance policy
On average, it costs $1,598 to insure a Hyundai Genesis each year with full coverage. That breaks down to $133 per month. A high-risk driver could pay an average of $3,470 per year for the same policy. Teen drivers will also face much higher rates at $6,018.
The safety of your Hyundai Genesis
In crash-worthiness involving rollover accidents, the Hyundai Genesis scored high by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. In fact, it scored five-out-of-five stars on all NHTSA tests besides the side-crash, which was four-out-of-five stars. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the car all "good" ratings as well.
Here are some of the safety and security features included in the Hyundai Genesis.
- Anti-lock brake system
- Front and rear head airbags
- Dual front side-mounted airbags
- Anchors for child seats
- Emergency braking assistance
- Ventilated front disc brakes
- Solid rear disc brakes
- Automatic dusk sensing headlamps
- Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation
- Turn signal mirrors
- Stability and traction control
- Tire pressure monitoring
How location affects your Hyundai Genesis
If you drive your Hyundai Genesis in a major city, you'll pay higher rates than if you live in a rural area. In a more populated area, there's a greater chance of theft and accidents.
Average Cost to Insure a Hyundai Genesis
Your car insurance rates vary according to the amount of insurance and extra coverage you choose. As we mentioned, if you have an at-fault accident or multiple driving violations, or are insuring a teen driver, your rates will be much higher.
|Yearly policy premiums by risk and coverage for an average 40-year-old driver with a $500 deductible:|
|High-risk driver with full coverage:||$3,470|
The Hyundai Genesis is a more affordable car to insure compared to similar sports vehicles.
|Top three performance vehicles most expensive to insure|
|Porsche 911 Turbo||$2,432|
Your insurance rates for a Hyundai Genesis also have a lot to do with where you live.
|Most affordable states|
|Most expensive states|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Hyundai Genesis
Unfortunately, not all insurance companies consistently provide the service and coverage you need most for your Hyundai Genesis. Your independent insurance agent can help you find one that has a reputation for taking good care of their customers. The US Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power ranked these companies among the best in the world of auto insurance.
An independent insurance agent can help you understand if a high net worth (HNW) insurance company like PURE or Chubb would be a good fit.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Getting the Best Hyundai Genesis Insurance
Ultimately, you will want to speak with a TrustedChoice.com independent agent to help with Hyundai Genesis Coupe insurance. They have the resources to find fast, accurate quotes and will allow you to review options from multiple insurance companies.
This does not tie you down to one specific company, but allows you to shop according to price and coverage. Furthermore, your TrustedChoice.com agent can bundle vehicles together or bundle home and auto insurance policies under one company to give you the best value.
Finally, your agent will help you navigate issues such as coverage limits, pricing, and deductibles so you can choose a plan that best fits your lifestyle. Find a local independent agent to help you find Hyundai Genesis insurance.