The Kia Forte joined the Kia family in 2014 as an economical compact car. With the ability to get 34 miles per gallon and commendable safety features like forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking, make the Kia Forte a viable option for consumers looking for an affordable car that won't cost an arm and a leg to insure.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help you find affordable car insurance for your Kia Forte, so you can protect yourself and your vehicle against losses.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Kia Forte?
When it comes to car insurance there are several that you'll want to consider for your Kia Forte. Some insurances are state-mandated, while others are optional based on your driving habits and needs. Whether an insurance policy is mandatory or not shouldn't matter; you'll want to make sure you're carrying a sufficient level of insurance to protect you from any potential risk.
The following coverages are state-mandated:
- Bodily injury liability: Coverage that pays for claims resulting from injury or death that is caused in an accident where you're at fault.
- Property damage liability: Coverage that pays to reimburse or replace another person's property or vehicle that is damaged in an accident where you're at fault.
While most states will have a minimum required amount of liability coverage, it's a good idea to work with your insurance agent to assure the amount of liability you purchase is actually enough to cover you in an event.
Some states will also require the following policies:
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: If you or your passengers are injured in an accident, this coverage will pay for any medical expenses or lost wages resulting from the accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: It's more common than you might think for individuals to be driving without insurance or without sufficient coverage. Getting in an accident with an uninsured motorist can be detrimental to your finances. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects you when another driver causes an accident but fails to carry adequate coverage.
Optional coverage to consider:
- Collision insurance: Coverage if your vehicle sustains damaged from a collision with another vehicle or an object and you're at fault. For example, running into a mailbox.
- Comprehensive insurance: Protection against everything that's not covered in collision insurance. This includes theft, natural disasters, storms, and other mishaps like colliding with an animal.
- Glass coverage: Replacing a windshield can cost a decent amount of money. It's also illegal to drive with a cracked windshield. Glass coverage tends to have no-deductible and provides coverage for a low premium.
- Gap insurance: If you find yourself owing more for your car than it's worth, consider purchasing gap insurance. This will pay the difference that you owe on your vehicle if you get into an accident and the car is deemed a total loss.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Kia Forte?
Your annual mileage
The more often you drive the greater chance of getting in an accident or having another claim. If you drive a lot, you can expect to pay a little more for your car insurance premium.
Your driving record
The cleaner your driving record is the safer you appear to insurance companies. If your record is full of violations, you can expect to pay more than someone with a clean record.
The value of your car
If your car doesn't cost a lot, then it doesn't take a lot of money to replace it. Therefore, the cheaper your vehicle the cheaper your car insurance premium. Fortunately, the Kia Forte is a rather affordable car, especially when you get into older models.
|Average cost range of a Kia Forte|
|2020||$17,890 - $23,090|
|2019||$13,450 - $16,600|
|2018||$12,750 - $16,900|
|2017||$12,275 - $14,725|
Safety of your Kia Forte
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave the Kia Forte "good" ratings across the board in crash and rollover tests, which is the institute's highest rating designation. In addition, the vehicle received five-out-of-five stars in all side crash tests and several four-out-of-five stars for other crash tests from the National Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA). The vehicles decent safety ratings would flag it as a safer car to insure and help your insurance premiums be lower.
Your cars location
Did you know that where you live could affect the cost of your car insurance? Drivers who reside in bigger cities with more traffic have a higher chance of getting in an accident.
Additional factors that affect your Kia Forte insurance premiums
In addition to the above factors, the following will also be taken into consideration when setting your car insurance premium.
- Safety features like anti-theft devices
- Your age
- Your gender
- The deductibles you choose
- Your credit rating
What is the Average Cost to Insure a Kia Forte?
|Average annual cost to insure a Kia Forte||$1,352|
Which states are most affordable and least affordable for car insurance?
Estimated annual car insurance premiums in the United States:
|Most expensive states:|
|Most affordable states:|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Kia Forte
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the companies that offer the best car insurance for a Kia Forte are the ones with the highest market share. This includes:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- All State
Get a Kia Forte Quote
Reach out to an independent agent today to get a quote for insurance on your Kia Forte. An independent insurance agent has the ability to shop dozens of insurance companies, ultimately providing you with the most affordable and comprehensive auto insurance.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
IIHS, Consumer Reports, Quote Inspector