Lexus has been known for its luxury vehicles since its inception in Japan in 1989. The Lexus NX is no different, and has been a popular SUV since its first model was released in 2015.
You'll need the right car insurance for your Lexus NX, and an independent insurance agent will assist you in finding a policy that suits all your needs.
Not sure where to begin?
You can use this find-an-agent tool to be matched with an independent insurance agent in your area. An agent will help you find the best price on coverage for your Lexus.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Lexus NX?
Laws vary from state to state on what's required when it comes to car insurance. Some coverages will be required and others will be optional but might make sense so you know you're fully covered. Either way, you'll have a variety to choose from and your agent can help you pick what you need.
Most states mandate the following coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: In an at-fault accident, bodily injury liability coverage will pay for medical expenses, lost wages, any costs related to pain and suffering, and other related injuries to your passengers, pedestrians, or other drivers.
- Property damage liability: This coverage pays to repair or replace any property that might be damaged in an at-fault accident. Whether you damage someone's mailbox or a fence, it will cover the claim. It's important to note that it will not cover damage to your vehicle, that's what collision insurance is for.
Many states require this coverage:
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: If you're in an accident and you are injured, then medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage will pay for medical treatment. PIP insurance is available in "no-fault" states, and is a requirement in most. Other states that do not require PIP will have medical payments insurance.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays for damage to your vehicle when the other party is at fault and does not have enough or any insurance. This insurance is not always required, but it is essential to be adequately covered.
Optional Car Insurance Coverage for Your Lexus NX
- Collision: If you have a collision with another vehicle or object and your vehicle gets damaged, you could face thousands of dollars in repair costs. That's where collision coverage fits in and protects you from excessive out-of-pocket costs. The difference between collision and property damage is that collision pays for repairs to your vehicle, while property damage pays for any third-party property that is damaged.
- Comprehensive: Things can damage your Lexus NX even when you're not driving. Whether your vehicle gets caught in a natural disaster or other incidents that are out of your control, your car's damage is covered with comprehensive insurance.
- Glass coverage: You can't put off replacing a windshield without risking a ticket, but the cost can be hard to stomach. It's often less than your deductible, but still expensive enough that it's worth considering adding glass coverage to your policy. This coverage usually is no-deductible and has very low premiums.
- Gap insurance: If you buy a brand-new Lexus NX, you could be spending up to $46,000. And if you lease your vehicle and then have the misfortune of getting in an accident shortly after, you might be left with a gap between how much you owe on your vehicle and how much your insurance will pay for your totaled car. Gap insurance covers this gap so that you don't have to.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Lexus NX?
Multiple factors are taken into consideration when insurance companies calculate premiums for a Lexus NX. Age is a large contributing factor, since certain age groups are statistically higher-risk drivers. Teen Lexus NX drivers can cost around $5,600 a year in insurance premiums. The lowest average premium is $1,594 annually. If you're a good driver, you can save as much as $657 a year in discounts.
Your Annual Mileage and Driving Record
How much you drive and how safe a driver you are will partially determine your premium costs. If you drive more than 10,000 to 15,000 a year, your rates will most likely be higher. And if your record has a number of moving violations on it, your rate will also be impacted.
Average Cost of Lexus NX Insurance by Value
The newer your car ,the more expensive it will be to insure. Opting for an older model of the Lexus NX can save you a little bit of money on your insurance premium. But the truth is that a luxury brand like Lexus is bound to result in higher premium costs.
|Model Year||Average Premium|
The Safety of Your Lexus NX
If an insurance company feels that you are safe in your car, they won't charge you an arm and a leg for coverage. Fortunately, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) ranked the Lexus NX as a top safety pick for 2020. It ranked superior in front crash prevention vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian, and good in all crash tests, which is the Institute's highest ranking.
How Location Affects Your Lexus NX Insurance
Living in certain states could earn you a lower car insurance premium, while your rates could be higher in other areas. Carriers will determine the pricing based on local crime rates, traffic patterns, and the number of claims filed in an area.
|Average yearly auto insurance rates are the least expensive in these states:|
|Average yearly auto insurance rates are most expensive in these states:|
Average Cost to Insure a Lexus NX
The average annual policy rate in the US for a Lexus NX is $1,594. Your costs will vary according to the type of coverages you choose, your location, your age, and your driving history.
|Type of Driver||Annual Rates|
If you have a clean driving record and qualify for discounts, you could pay as little as $937 a year for car insurance premiums.
Top Independent Insurance Carriers That Insure the Lexus NX
Having the right protection for your Lexus NX is essential, and so is finding the right company to provide that coverage. Your insurance company should be responsive to claims and endorsements. The US Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave these companies a trustworthy recommendation:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Get a Lexus NX Quote
Reach out to a TrustedChoice.com agent today to get a quote for insurance on your Lexus NX. An independent insurance agent can shop dozens of insurance companies, providing you with the most affordable and complete auto insurance coverage.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
Consumer Reports, IIHS, quoteinspector; car and driver