The Acura RDX is a luxury, family-friendly brand and is best described as one of their more engaging and lively models. If you are the proud owner of an Acura RDX, you'll want to make sure it's protected.
You should have the right car insurance for your Acura RDX. An independent insurance agent will help you find a policy that's both accurate and sufficient for your car insurance needs.
Not sure where to find coverage?
To use a tool that will find you the best insurance solution in your area, click here find-an-agent tool to be matched with a local independent insurance agent who will help you find the best pricing and the proper coverage.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for Your Acura RDX?
When it comes to finding the best coverage for your Acura RDX, you have options. Some coverages are mandatory by state, and others are optional, but it's a good idea to have them if you want to be well protected.
Most states mandate the following coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: Car accidents, more often than not, cause injury to you, the other driver, or a pedestrian. Bodily injury liability will provide coverage for medical payments arising from such injuries related to a car accident claim.
- Property damage liability: With any car accident usually comes property damage. If you or a permitted driver of your vehicle cause property damage to a building, a third party's car, or road sign, then property damage liability will kick in. The only item it won't provide coverage for is damage to your own car for an at-fault accident. Other coverages support your property, and you can find out more below.
Many states require this coverage:
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: Personal injury protection, aka PIP, and medical payments are coverages designed to pay for any medical expenses for you or your passengers that are a direct result of a car accident. PIP insurance is available in "no-fault" states and is required in most. If you don't fall in a "no-fault" state, then your policy will have an option for medical payments coverage.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Think hit and run. This coverage is built to protect you from those times when your car gets sideswiped in the parking lot and no responsible party is in sight. Or what if you're involved in a car accident that is the other person's fault, but they only have state minimum limits that aren't enough to cover all the damages incurred? You'll need uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage on your auto policy to pick up what the other driver is lacking.
- Collision insurance: In the event of an at-fault accident, this will pay for damage to the other person's property on your behalf. Without it, you'll have to pay out of pocket for any damage you may have caused.
- Comprehensive insurance: Your Acura RDX is at risk, even when it's parked in a garage for the winter. Natural disasters, storms, fires, and other incidents out of your control that cause damage to your car are covered by this insurance. If you hit a cow that runs out into the street as you are passing, then comprehensive coverage will pick that up as well.
- Glass coverage: Replacing your Acura RDX's windshield could cost around $500. Instead of paying that cost out of pocket, your policy could pick up the expense for free at the time of the loss, and it will only cost you a few dollars a month.
- Gap insurance: If you are financing or leasing your Acura RDX, then this coverage is essential. It pays the difference between the car's market value and any outstanding amount due if your car is a total loss. Without gap insurance, you'll be responsible for paying the difference yourself.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Affects the Cost of Insurance for Your Acura RDX?
Several factors go into calculating insurance premiums for an Acura RDX. It's not only about the car, but also about the driver. Younger drivers almost always pay higher premiums because of the statistical data showing they are in more accidents. Teen Acura RDX drivers pay an average of $4,674 per year for insurance, while the average rate overall is $1,292 per year. Those with less than good driving records or an at-fault accident will also pay higher rates. High-risk drivers spend an average of $2,782 per year for Acura RDX insurance.
Average Cost of Acura Insurance by Model
The type of vehicle you drive, whether it be an Acura RDX or something different, will affect your insurance rates. These car insurance premiums assume that the driver has a clean driving record, and is a 40-year-old male. These estimates are based on a $500 comprehensive and collision deductible, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and minimum liability limits. Rates are averaged across all 50 states.
|Average annual insurance premium for a new Acura by model|
|Acura ILX Hybrid||$1,580|
The Safety of Your Acura RDX
The safety of your Acura RDX also plays a part in your insurance premiums. The safer your vehicle, the less money the insurance company will charge to insure it. Fortunately, Acura is one of the safest luxury car manufacturers on the market and includes essential safety features in each of its models.
Driver assistive technology helps prevent crashes, which is what every carrier likes to hear. And AcuraWatch Standard™ is included with every new Acura SUV and sedan. Acura automobiles have received high ratings across their car lineup for safety, including a 5-star rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
How Location Affects Your Acura RDX Insurance
It's all about location, location, location. Some states have higher insurance premiums, while others could earn you a lower rate. This is because each territory has its own risk factors according to crime rates, traffic patterns, and claims history in the area.
|Average annual car insurance premiums are less expensive in these states:|
|Average annual car insurance premiums are most expensive in these states:|
Average Cost to Insure an Acura RDX
Your costs will vary according to the coverages chosen, where you live, how old you are, and what your DMV reports have to say about your driving history. If you've filed any past auto claims, they will show up for the next 3 - 5 years, and carriers will surcharge accordingly. The average annual premium for an Acura RDX is $1,292.
Here's how Acura RDX premiums change for younger vs. older drivers:
|Acura RDX rates by age with full coverage and a $500 deductible|
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Acura RDX
Each insurance company has different ratings and is held to a high standard. They need to be able to prove that their financial health is in good standing and that they will be able to pay for any claims that come their way. Your insurance company should be trustworthy, reputable, and responsive. The U.S. Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power gave these companies a solid recommendation for your Acura RDX:
Get an Acura RDX Car Insurance Quote
Reach out to an independent insurance agent today to get a quote for insurance on your Acura RDX. These agents can shop dozens of insurance companies, providing you with the most affordable and complete auto insurance coverage.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Candace Jenkins
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.