In your search for a new vehicle, you are looking for a small car that makes a big statement. The spacious cabin, strong fuel economy and competitive features of the Honda Fit have caught your eye, and are why this vehicle is a top choice in the subcompact car segment.
All of these features are attractive, not only to consumers, but to car insurance companies as well. Before you contact an insurance agent for the right Honda Fit insurance policy for your needs, find out if this car is truly the best fit for you.
What Type of Insurance Do You Need for Your Honda Fit?
- Bodily injury liability: If you're at fault in an accident that causes injury to passengers, pedestrians, or other drivers, bodily injury will pay for everything from accident-related medical expenses to lost wages.
- Property damage liability: If you're in an accident with someone else's property like a fence, mailbox, or vehicle, property damage liability pays to replace or repair other vehicles and structures, but it will not repair or replace your vehicle.
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection: Since liability insurance is designed to protect others, you still need insurance that protects you. If you're injured in an accident, your medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage will pay some of the medical bills that are associated with the accident. PIP insurance is available in "no-fault" states and required in other states. You'll be able to purchase medical payments insurance everywhere else.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays for damage to your vehicle if the other party does not have enough insurance coverage. Even in states where coverage is mandatory, many still drive without insurance or without sufficient insurance to pay for damage if they're in an at-fault accident.
- Collision: Since property damage liability does not cover your vehicle, you'll want collision coverage to pay for any damage or repair that your personal vehicle will need in the event that you collide with someone else's property.
- Comprehensive: Even if you're not driving your Honda Fit, it's still at risk. Cars can experience damage from storms, fires, vandalism, theft, and a slew of other events. For incidents that are out of your control and aren't covered under collision, comprehensive coverage steps in.
- Glass coverage: Most windshield replacements are not worth going through your insurance, but still involve a hefty out-of-pocket cost. Instead of paying that cost yourself, you could have your windshield replaced with zero-deductible glass coverage. This policy endorsement is inexpensive and may only cost you a few extra dollars per year.
- Gap insurance: If you can't purchase your Honda Fit outright, you'll be financing or leasing your vehicle. If this is the case you'll want to consider purchasing gap coverage. This insurance is an endorsement that you add to your policy that pays the difference between your car's value and the amount owed to the financing company. If you're in an accident and your vehicle is a total loss, gap insurance will pay the remaining amount owed on your loan.
What Factors Affect the Cost of Insurance for Your Honda Fit?
The more you drive, the greater risks you face being in an accident or being victim to theft or natural perils. For these reasons, car insurance companies take your annual mileage into consideration when setting your premium prices.
Having a clean record means you'll get to enjoy lower car insurance premiums. While most violations will fall off your record after a certain amount of time, having even one can negatively impact your rates. An independent insurance agent can advise you on when any former accidents or traffic violations will fall off and stop affecting your rates.
The Value of Your Car
A brand-new Honda Fit ranges from $16,000 to $20,000. If you're willing to drop to an older model, you're looking more in the $10,000-$15,000 range. As the value of your vehicle decreases, so do the average insurance premiums. As a result, insuring a vehicle that's a few years old could mean you'll pay premiums that are a bit lower.
|Average Honda Fit Prices|
|2020||$16,190 - $20,620|
|2019||$16,000 - $19,875|
|2018||$14,500 - $18,475|
|2017||$13,925 - $16,925|
|2016||$12,350 - $14,875|
The Safety of Your Honda Fit
The safer your vehicle, the more your car insurance company will like insuring you. Fortunately, the 2020 Honda Fit received an impressive overall five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave the vehicle a "good" rating across the board, which is the Institute's highest designation, making it an excellent choice for safety.
Where You Live with Your Honda Fit
If you live in a populated city, you're more prone to incidents that will lead to a claim. This includes driving busier roads, encountering traffic, theft, and vandalism. Drivers in small towns are much less likely to experience the same risks.
Average Cost to Insure a Honda Fit
The Honda Fit falls on the more affordable side when it comes to cost to insure. The average annual premium for a Honda Fit is $1,168. Those costs could go up or down. depending on whether you're a high-risk driver or are willing to take a higher deductible.
What Is the Average Cost to Insure a Honda Fit?
|Average Annual Cost to Insure a Honda Fit||$1,168|
Which States Are Most and Least Affordable for Car Insurance?
Estimated annual Honda Fit insurance premiums in the United States:
|Most Expensive States:|
|Most Affordable States:|
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Top Insurance Carriers That Insure the Honda Fit
According to a recent US Independent Insurance Agent Satisfaction Study by J.D. Power, the following companies provide excellent service to their insurance customers:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- State Farm
Where to Find Car Insurance for the Honda Fit
If you have made the choice to add the Honda Fit to your household's fleet, it's time to find the perfect car insurance policy. Knowledgeable, independent insurance agents with TrustedChoice.com can help you by finding a variety of quotes from a number of different insurance companies.
This allows you to choose a policy with the best coverage at the most affordable rates. Contact a TrustedChoice.com agent today to find out how they can assist you in finding the best insurance for your Fit.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
ConsumerReport; Quote Inspector, NHTSA